i start a new job monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i start a new job monday

where I will probably be in the oldest 5% of the company. Really strange, haven't had a new job in 15 years. Downtown SF, 3 BART stops from my house, so we might even sell a car.
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Congrats Fresno! Is it Hooli? Aviato? Pied Piper?

Comment

Larry and you came to irreconcilable differences?
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

How's the expense account? Griswold card still in business?

Comment

Congratulations! It can be a time of trepidation, but nonetheless rewarding in so many ways.

Its a real extra having such a simple commute, too.

Here's hoping you get the week/job off to a great start!
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Yeah, a short commute is one of the best job perks there is. Congrats and good luck!
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Don't know yet about the griswold card, just took 5 weeks off in June, then came back and resigned, so last day Friday, first day Monday isn't a problem, looking forward to walking a chunk to work, and learning more about the fine bars of downtown SF
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Company is called Financial Force, cloud ERP on top of Salesforce.com platform

Comment

Congrats! Hope it's a great opportunity for you...
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Awesome, a whole NEW group of people whose wives to hit on.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Congrats! I'm actually also about to change jobs and when I do I'll be about a mile down Market from you. We should meet up sometime.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Hopefully this doesn't impact early November

Comment

Congrats! I hope it is better than you imagine it to be.

Comment

finally retiring the suits?
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              Awesome, a whole NEW group of people whose wives to hit on.
                              25 year olds don't have wives or husbands!

Comment

Working...
                              X