Charlie Sheen sells Babe Ruth memorabila for $4 million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Sheen sells Babe Ruth memorabila for $4 million

The 1919 contract of Ruth’s sale from the Boston Red Sox to the New York Yankees went for $2,303,320, while the outfielder’s 1927 World Series ring went for $2,093,927. The opening bid on each item was $100,000.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/mlb/la...701-story.html
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Seems about priced right.

Very significant memorabilia.

I wonder what old Charlie paid for these? Nice to have. I wonder what kind of investment it turned out to be for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Seems about priced right.

Very significant memorabilia.

I wonder what old Charlie paid for these? Nice to have. I wonder what kind of investment it turned out to be for him.
      I read an article about his collecting memorabilia--he's made a bit, lost a bit, but I think he made a lot on the Babe stuff.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
      X