• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statements People Wish They Could Take Back

George H. W. Bush - "Read my lips, no new taxes."

Bill Clinton - "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

George W. Bush - "Mission Accomplished."

Barack Obama - "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it."
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

"I am running for President for the United States!"

Comment

Now I'm completely plwoed at the moment as a reuslt of my neighbor comign back from Japan tonight and giving me a dammed waterlglass of %&^&$*%^( aprciot soju to drink without tellign me that the %&^* is 180 proof, so my frame of mnid mitght be a bit off-- nobody should be thid drunk off of somethinf that tastes like aprico9ts... but waht do odds means whenh you can';t figure out the qusetion. We don';t undrerstand the universe, so putting odds onn things that occur within it is what....? Stupid. Just not a good idea, it isn';t. Dumb and bad too do whath you don't knoww about. Silly, like not smart from sdmart enough people. - Bob Kohm

Comment

I once told a Bank Examiner to go "F" himself and that didn't work out too well for me. If he followed my advice; however, it may have turned out as a happier ending for him.
        Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 06-13-2017, 11:14 PM.
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

General John Sedgwick to his men at the battle of Spotsylvania: "Why are you dodging like this? They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."
          “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

god himself could not sink this ship - titanic

Comment

"I do"

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                "I do"
                Sh*t, he wins. You may now lock this thread.
                “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

"I do"

:micdrop:
                  Fixed.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

"I do"
                    I notice you don't attribute this quote to any one individual.

Dear God, I wish I could share this on Facebook.

Comment

"It's simply wrong for legislation that'll affect 100% of the American people to be negotiated behind closed doors" -- Governor Mike Pence, January 13th, 2010

Also, https://twitter.com/SenJohnMcCain/status/5489957976 -- "Democrats about to pass health care bill that no one’s read - where is the transparency? What a disgrace!" November 6, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        "It's simply wrong for legislation that'll affect 100% of the American people to be negotiated behind closed doors" -- Governor Mike Pence, January 13th, 2010

Also, https://twitter.com/SenJohnMcCain/status/5489957976 -- "Democrats about to pass health care bill that no one’s read - where is the transparency? What a disgrace!" November 6, 2009
                        You can give yourself a hernia pointing out the hypocrisy. Now the 'drain the swamp' administration is not even holding press conferences. Who speaks for the White House? Twitter? Trump's criminal defense lawyer? Hannity?
                        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

You know, these diatribes aren't nearly as satisfying now that sheep has uncovered my old man technique of ranting, where I usually finish with "and another thing...stay off my lawn!"
                          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                            You can give yourself a hernia pointing out the hypocrisy. Now the 'drain the swamp' administration is not even holding press conferences. Who speaks for the White House? Twitter? Trump's criminal defense lawyer? Hannity?
                            I thought the "Drain the Swamp" was a reference to the the EPA's revision of the Waters of the United States rule.

You must admit that the administration has slashed regulations. Good or bad, that is what he promised. I can also see the point of reduced daily briefings. They were a joke a generation ago. They made sense during the early days of electronic communication, say the 1920s-1940s, but not recently.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              I thought the "Drain the Swamp" was a reference to the the EPA's revision of the Waters of the United States rule.

You must admit that the administration has slashed regulations. Good or bad, that is what he promised. I can also see the point of reduced daily briefings. They were a joke a generation ago. They made sense during the early days of electronic communication, say the 1920s-1940s, but not recently.

J
                              Yeah it's allowed for the raping f our natural resources and guess what, if he gets his way, your 401K and the money your bank has invested is in play again...................
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X