Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texans are paying up to $50,000 to hunt feral hogs from helicopters with machine guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texans are paying up to $50,000 to hunt feral hogs from helicopters with machine guns

That's it. That was the headline I read while sitting here drinking my coffee this morning.

"We'll come in low out of the rising sun and about a mile out, we'll put on the music . . . Yeah, I use Wagner—scares the hell out of the pigs! My boys love it!"
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Now numbering in the millions, these shockingly destructive and invasive wild hogs wreak havoc across the southern United States

January 2011 article in case anyone wants to know.

Telling quote here:

Wild hogs are among the most destructive invasive species in the United States today. Two million to six million of the animals are wreaking havoc in at least 39 states and four Canadian provinces; half are in Texas, where they do some $400 million in damages annually. They tear up recreational areas, occasionally even terrorizing tourists in state and national parks, and squeeze out other wildlife.

Texas allows hunters to kill wild hogs year-round without limits or capture them alive to take to slaughterhouses to be processed and sold to restaurants as exotic meat. Thousands more are shot from helicopters. The goal is not eradication, which few believe possible, but control.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      Texas allows hunters to kill wild hogs year-round without limits or capture them alive to take to slaughterhouses to be processed and sold to restaurants as exotic meat. Thousands more are shot from helicopters. The goal is not eradication, which few believe possible, but control.
      Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with it... even sounds somewhat necessary... just don't quite understand the person who enjoys this. Not my thing I guess.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

you have to find the leader wild boar to stop them. but they also have joined in trying to stop sharia law from spreading Wild boar stampede crushes ISIS fighters
        A herd of wild boars became the latest group to join the fight against ISIS..At least eight ISIS fighters were taking cover preparing for a surprise strike on local anti-ISIS tribesmen when the hero boars charged them. ISIS is believed to have recovered the bodies of their dead , and have now began to shoot at the boars in retaliation.

Comment

Im sure someone is making a killing doing this........

see what I did there.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            you have to find the leader wild boar to stop them. but they also have joined in trying to stop sharia law from spreading Wild boar stampede crushes ISIS fighters
            it's been said before, but we need a Like button.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with it... even sounds somewhat necessary... just don't quite understand the person who enjoys this. Not my thing I guess.
              agreed on all points.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
              X