Trump Derangement Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Derangement Syndrome

OK so I have to admit, I'd never heard this term, in fact I actually gave credit to CBB for coming up with the term and thought though inapplicable, it was kind of catchy, but alas, it was already a "thing" he just borrowed. So what IS TDS, the definition is thus:

A mental dysfunction causing those detractors with hateful thoughts and feelings about Donald Trump to go unhinged.

First and foremost, I do not HATE nor have violent feelings toward Trump, I'm just pointing out his flaws. It's what we do with public figures, we dissect them and critique them and try to ascertain their intent. All of which are prudent.

So TDS most definitely does not apply to me, but honestly--why is this even a thing?

Well most agree (and it makes complete sense) that the advent of TDS was to discredit those who have negative opinions of Trump, his actions and his policies. Thus the "Deranged" moniker in the phrase. It's a ploy to label those with credible critiques and concerns regarding Trump as Crazy and thus diminish their veracity. It's a typical Fox/Breitbart/Political ploy--If you can't contradict someone with facts or an intelligent opposing viewpoint, you try to make them look stupid by creating a derogatory label or a catchphrase. It's a sophisticated way of responding Ï know you are, but what am I' when confronted with an argument you cannot win. It didn't work in 3rd grade and it's not really working now. It is kind of catchy but highly unoriginal.

Now for those with comprehension issues, do NOT confuse me calling 45 a dick with hatred, I know a lots of people act like dicks--in here I think everyone of us (with 1-2) exceptions has acted dick-ish on occasion. Do not confuse my wish to see him out of office with some violent action making it so.

I have and voice valid concerns and critique of his actions, methods and policies.

Stating that I or anyone else here suffers from some made up bullshit for doing so only reveals your inability to have an adult conversation about the issues.

Let's just call TDS what it really is--Trump Supporter Deflection Strategy.

If I do seem unhinged it is probably in regard to Trump's Supporters and that's only because I just can't imagine anyone actually being that ignorant or backward. When I hear some of the responses in here by certain Trumpets, I feel like I'm watching an episode of Cops where the stumbling drunk is trying to convince the cop he hasn't had a drink all day and then laughs one of those beavis and butthead giggles on the way into the backseat of the patrol car.

So TDS , yeah it was cute, but it's just more bullshit used by those without answers to obfuscate the issues.
    Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 06-06-2017, 02:20 PM.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Who are you calling 'Deranged?'

Comment

unprofessional
      uneducated
      anti-intellectual
      con-artist
      bully
      narcissist
      egomaniac
      misogynist
      xenophobe
      bigot
      demagogue
      psychopath
      POTUS

All of the above terms apply to Donald Trump. When I think of how all of the first bunch somehow add up to the last, it does make me furious. I'm more angry at our country, and especially the large enough portion of it that got him elected, than at him--just like I'd be mad at the owner of a rabid dog who attacked me more than the dog. I don't think my anger makes me unhinged though. It just makes me aware I need to say more and do more going forward to help prevent someone like him ever being elected to POTUS again.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        When I hear some of the responses in here by certain Trumpets.
        Just so I'm not wasting time, can you identify those certain Trumpets for me.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
          Just so I'm not wasting time, can you identify those certain Trumpets for me.

There's really only one and you're not him..........
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I hate the fact that the most powerful nation in the world has a freaking buffoon as our leader. as a guy who travels all around the world for both work and pleasure (currently in Dakar Senegal, flying to Seville Spain tomorrow), I find Trump personally embarrassing.

if you are Italy or Belarus, you can have a joke of a leader, as the US, it has global implications, I've never missed Obama more than on the trip
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              There's really only one and you're not him..........
              i really don't think we have any vocal pro-trump people on the board (except donald chump). There are a couple who are willing to ignore all the general stupidity to get at the policy change that could occur.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I still dont think I wasted my vote for Johnson. He would likely have been a hell of a lot better than Trump. At least he and Bill Weld would be coherent.
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Even if there isn't anyone on this board supporting him at this point, there were over 60 million people that voted for him just seven months ago. I'm sure there are still a lot lying in the weeds.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    i really don't think we have any vocal pro-trump people on the board (except donald chump). There are a couple who are willing to ignore all the general stupidity to get at the policy change that could occur.
                    Oh we do, maybe they're trolling, but we definitely have some folks that support his policies (which for the most part are crap) and on TOP of that they tolerate his general stupidity and denigrate anyone who thinks that's important somehow.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

it's always been about deflection, because nobody can rationally support his "policies", because they really don't exist, other than in his head, and that changes from day to day. He contradicts his own Justice department, his own National Security Advisors, just about any and all who try to get him to do the simple same things. We don't have an FBI head because nobody wants the job on his terms. We still haven't hired any of the US Attorneys that he fired. Today it come out that FOUR different high profile law firms turned down working for Trump and associates, simply because they're fairly sure that they'd never get paid. He unilaterally took out a key sentence in his NATO speech that would have confirmed that the US is committed to a joint defense of NATO allies...McMaster and company were stunned. And then there's the Paris Accords, Health Care, on and on and on...

So yes, it's always been Trump Deflection Syndrome. And just think, We're just into the 5th month of his Presidency. Good call Doig...
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        unprofessional
                        uneducated
                        anti-intellectual
                        con-artist
                        bully
                        narcissist
                        egomaniac
                        misogynist
                        xenophobe
                        bigot
                        demagogue
                        psychopath
                        POTUS

All of the above terms apply to Donald Trump. When I think of how all of the first bunch somehow add up to the last, it does make me furious. I'm more angry at our country, and especially the large enough portion of it that got him elected, than at him--just like I'd be mad at the owner of a rabid dog who attacked me more than the dog. I don't think my anger makes me unhinged though. It just makes me aware I need to say more and do more going forward to help prevent someone like him ever being elected to POTUS again.
                        I can understand this sentiment, but I also think the Democratic party and it's supporters bear some responsibility. Basically they could not convince 70% of eligible voters that it was better for them to vote for Hillary than for Donald Trump. Maybe if they had strongly supported single payer or had opposed the TPP they could have won over some of the critical votes. The middle class has not faired well for the last 30-40 years so it is hard for me to blame them for not voting for more of the same. Yeah, I think it would have been better than Trump, but I think voters clearly wanted a change because what we have is not working for the lower and middle classes. Nominating Hillary just seems as an obvious mistake. Being embarrassed that our president is a liar and fool wasn't as important to many voters as the chance that he would make things better. The Democrats just need to be better and support policies that will help people, not their corporate donors. Hopefully this is a wake up call, but it doesn't really seem like it to me.
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                          I still dont think I wasted my vote for Johnson. He would likely have been a hell of a lot better than Trump. At least he and Bill Weld would be coherent.
                          Higher than kites, but coherent.
                          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                            Higher than kites, but coherent.
                            All joking aside, but I think Johnson set the Libertarian movement back this election. I was an enthusiastic supporter in 2012, but the campaign he ran was embarrassing this time (although I did vote for him again). Given how unpopular Clinton and Trump were, this was a golden opportunity for the party to get 10%+ of the vote and gain some additional credibility. That opportunity went up in smoke, as it were.
                            Love Weld though......should have been at the top of the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                              All joking aside, but I think Johnson set the Libertarian movement back this election. I was an enthusiastic supporter in 2012, but the campaign he ran was embarrassing this time (although I did vote for him again). Given how unpopular Clinton and Trump were, this was a golden opportunity for the party to get 10%+ of the vote and gain some additional credibility. That opportunity went up in smoke, as it were.
                              Love Weld though......should have been at the top of the ticket.
                              I desperately wanted to vote for a third party and watched every debate, even the junior debates when 96 GOPers were vying for the pole position. I was hoping Johnson/Weld would be as solid as thier resumes appeared but watching Johnson talk, it was apparent, at least to me, that he wasn't a serious candidate and that turned me off. I actually started reading up on Evan McMullin. Oh well,3.5 more years...what can happen?
                              Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 06-06-2017, 09:06 PM.
                              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                              X