Griswold Road Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griswold Road Trip

So, Mrs. Gris and I are going to be driving from Canton to Colorado Springs starting Wed morning.

It basically is a straight shot across I70 for 2 1/2 days each way.

So, my fellow Junkies, a couple of questions:

1. Do any Junkies live on or close to I70 and want to meet briefly for a RJ meeting with pic to document?

2. Is there anything on I70 (other than the Arc in St. Louis) that I really should stop and see?

Thanks in advance!

Hey, just my roadtrip nightmare,

Gris

KC BBQ and Royals game?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

well, having done the drive on I70 last year to just before St Louis (from the east) I'm pretty comfortable in answering #2 for that part, no.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
        So, Mrs. Gris and I are going to be driving from Canton to Colorado Springs starting Wed morning.

1. Do any Junkies live on or close to I70 and want to meet briefly for a RJ meeting with pic to document?

2. Is there anything on I70 (other than the Arc in St. Louis) that I really should stop and see?

Thanks in advance!

Gris
        Unfortunately Prairie Dog Town appears to be closed That was pretty much all there was in Kansas off of I-70. Except for billboards for Prairie Dog Town. The world's largest hand dug well is too far south as is Dodge City. Cathedral of the Plains is not far off I-70. Other than that it is Kansas city or Denver. Although there is a really cool old carrousel in Burlington KS, but that is mostly for little ones I'd think. Hey, just Mandy's favorite Kansas sights !

Since 1968, billboards compelled I-70 travelers to pull off and gaze at the World's Largest Prairie Dog -- and other freaks. It closed permanently in 2014.

--------------------------------------
        You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post

Thanks in advance!

Gris
          o

Ooooh, I forgot to answer your first question. Unfortunately I don't live near i-70, perhaps we will meet another time
          --------------------------------------
          You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

Are you driving the family truckster?

Comment

Negro League Hall of Fame in KC, followed by either Arthur Bryant's or Oklahoma Joes BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Negro League Hall of Fame in KC, followed by either Arthur Bryant's or Oklahoma Joes BBQ!
                Arthur Bryants, definitely. It isn't what it was, but the sauce is still one of a kind.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                X