Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitter

So as an old guy, I just got on Twitter and am surprised at how much fun it is.

Recommend @sporer for baseball, being Paul Sporer. Insightful and funny baseball posts. Ditto @stephennickrand for insightful baseball comments, albeit without as much humor.

@williamader is hilarious and he retweets the best posts for political humor. (Liberal viewpoint.)

_youhadonejob1 is also very funny.

Any else? Anyone here tweet out worth following?
    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

The way I explain it is that everyone is the producer of their own Twitter movie. if you choose wisely who to follow, there is nothing but upside. on top of that, feel free to unfollow anyone - even a friend - whose tweets raise your blood pressure (unless you want that). problem solved.

another tip is to look up who is followed by those who you like to follow - especially if that list is under 200 people. that means that the person you like to follow is selective, and I'll bet you'll find some gold in their list of follows.

have fun. I've been on it professionally since 2010.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

You have to follow this guy, @realdonaldtrump -- comedy gold!

Comment

I enjoy @bengreenman (authour+); lots of political commentary but some random weird stuff. here's a sample (not sure if this will work) ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

here's a user you might consider following ... @RealPressSecBot, a twitter bot that automatically takes the content of the president's tweets & puts it in the format of an official white house press release, which after all, it is ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

if you play Fantasy Football, don't forget to follow @bob_lung.

Just sayin....

Comment

my newest follower is a writer for It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. now I feel bad I've never watched the show.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
              X