Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Because the world no longer makes sense...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because the world no longer makes sense...

Seems like the GOP candidate for the House from Montana took exception to a question from a reporter...he then proceeded to body slam him because he was tired of the questions. Greg Gianforte, the Republican candidate in tomorrow's special election, physically slammed Ben Jacobs, a reporter for The Guardian, breaking his glasses. Assaulting reporters is not acceptable, no matter what the provocation is...and the audio shows that there was very little provocation.

Last edited by Hornsby; 05-25-2017, 01:06 PM.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Well if get gets elected, he'll soon be under criminal investigation for assault and battery.

As he should be.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Dude just snapped under the weight of a feather. I hope voters hear of this before they vote. How anyone could choose to support someone so unstable would be beyond, me, but then again, a lot is beyond me about politics these days.

Comment

why wouldn't you be calling the police right then, you were assaulted in front of witnesses. "You have to leave" Fuck no, YOU are the one leaving in cuffs.
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          why wouldn't you be calling the police right then, you were assaulted in front of witnesses. "You have to leave" Fuck no, YOU are the one leaving in cuffs.
          He or someone else did contact the police and the sheriff charged Gianforte with misdemeanor assault. If I'm Paul Ryan, I'd refuse to let him take his seat in congress until cleared.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Here is an account of what happened from Fox News reporters on the scene. They make it sound even worse. Not only did he grab and slam him, he punched him repeatedly.

This is the account of Fox reporter on the scene:

"At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him. Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the reporter. As Gianforte moved on top of Jacobs, he began yelling something to the effect of, "I'm sick and tired of this!

To be clear, at no point did any of us who witnessed this assault see Jacobs show any form of physical aggression toward Gianforte, who left the area after giving statements to local sheriff's deputies."

And this is what the lying campaign is saying happened:

"After asking Jacobs to lower the recorder, Jacobs declined. Greg then attempted to grab the phone that was pushed in his face. Jacobs grabbed Greg's wrist, and spun away from Greg, pushing them both to the ground. It's unfortunate that this aggressive behavior from a liberal journalist created this scene at our campaign volunteer BBQ."

Thank goodness there were honest witnesses like Alicia Acuna there to verify what really happened. And the major papers of the area have rescinded their endorsement of them. Maybe because it is the right thing to do, maybe because they see direct phsysical assault of the media as a scary escalation of attacks on the media that hits too close to home.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-reporter.html
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-25-2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
              He or someone else did contact the police and the sheriff charged Gianforte with misdemeanor assault. If I'm Paul Ryan, I'd refuse to let him take his seat in congress until cleared.
              You're confusing Ryan with someone that has morals.

Unfortunately I heard that about half the state has already voted since voting started about a week ago. If that weren't the case I would imagine this guy would get about 15% of the votes.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                If that weren't the case I would imagine this guy would get about a 15% bump in votes.
                Fixed.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Trump's attacks on the Media and feeding violent rhetoric to his base is in part, responsible for incidents like this.

Sure, trump wasn't the guy who body slammed the reporter but I'd bet a year's salary his response was like ˙eah, I wish I could have done that!!"

If he gets elected, he'd better be prepared to have recorders stuffed in his face time after time till he cracks.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    Fixed.
                    Yeah, you are sadly right about that. Here's a small sample of people on Twitter happy about it.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Wow, this guy is a Stevens Institute of Technology grad (in Hoboken, NJ) and is a billionaire, having sold a tech startup for $1.8bn dollars in 2013!

Comment

I wish I could sell a tech startup for $1.8B.

I'd even be ok with $1.8M.
                        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

And he won. Embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            And he won. Embarrassing.
                            Not a surprise at all, he's in Montana-a state Trump won going away.

We are seeing the strength of Trumps base--and I'm not saying ALL of his supporters, but enough of them have no problem with a man who treats women like objects to do with what he wants, when he wants, who calls people names and thinks people who he disagrees with should have their asses kicked. No problem with someone so damn arrogant they believe the sun revolves around them and that everyone is there to see his face and hear his voice.

They live through him to somehow make themselves bigger, more important and powerful. They want a submissive woman who looks great, they want the wealth, they want to have the power to make others do what they'd like them to do.

He'll never lose these people because they have nothing else but him.

When Obama was president, they had to use words with more than 1-2 syllables. They had to know things. They had to use facts. They had to be thoughtful and respectful to others. They had to educate themselves about the Constitution and the Law.

That was hard, so now they have it easy and comfortable and can act in any manner they like without repercussion.

Exactly like Trump.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

He won by 6 points in an election where perhaps more than half the vote was already recorded by early voting before the assault occurred. Hard to conclude how the voters responded to the assault without knowing the difference between early voting results and election-day results.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                              X