Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in some ways i can't say im sorry to Bush fast enough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in some ways i can't say im sorry to Bush fast enough.

maybe im just wishy-washy. ..you know, i think it's not like he's sitting there not caring. how..any POTUS is larger than life no matter who they are. but thats not him. im not projecting.

yeah thats right. ..i come around faster than others. ..i just have this sudden feeling that he did the right things. im a liberal. but when it comes to second guessing and getting it right or better the next time, im better than you. it's what i do.

it's one of the only redeeming traits girls ever found in me. ..and let me tell you, i went out with a pretty smart girl... you know, you guys have seen me do it here. being all rational and crap after being irrational; most of the time. at least when it counts.

we would of been ****ed if Gore was our president. but thats not the point. anyways, Bush gave it out, and he took it on the chin too. and now we all have to live with that. and thats what made him a president. i truly wish him well. and i hope he doesn't just fade into the sunset. under the arrow of time, as president, he better than we would have. ..it might take some time for everyone to realize it.

don't let politics screw you up. ...and you know. i would say that to him. part of being a good president is what happens after your president. it would bother me if he just decided to fade into the sunset.

and yet i fight, and yet i fight this battle all alone. no one to cry to. no place to call home.

life is good.

Comment

Nullie's drinking from the moosehead again!!!!

Actually I am a conservative and I believe he did some things right, but just too many wrong. He stood up against terrorism.....ok his strong point. He stood tall after 9/11 as he needed too. His faults were too many to list. But as for being POTUS I don't wish that job on anyone. One of the toughest, most stressful jobs anyone could do. I give him props for doing the job for 8 years.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Bush-Cheney and the Republican transformation during those eight years turned me from a conservative to...well, whatever I am now, but not a Republican anymore.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

there's a picture of Bush sitting on a rock with his family when he was younger. like it was taken in some national park. 15 to 20 years ago. i wish i could find it again. you could see his soul. and it was better than most ppl.

Comment

I've been watching nullie carefully over the past 18 months or so (which should give you some idea about my life), and I can report that we are in the middle of a sea change. I'd say that right now he's right around Dennis Miller circa 2002...kicked off Monday Night Football, but not yet playing footsie with Bill O'Reilly.

Either that, or someone has hacked his account. The nullnor I know would not be permitted by conscience to condone torture, and to laud the Bush administration's handling of foreign policy is to do just that. Americans don't torture people. No excuses. If we lower ourselves to the level of those we abhor, we can no longer claim any measure of moral, philosophical or political superiority.

Sorry, nullie. You know I love you like the brother I never had, but you've run off the road and into the ditch on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
              there's a picture of Bush sitting on a rock with his family when he was younger. like it was taken in some national park. 15 to 20 years ago. i wish i could find it again. you could see his soul. and it was better than most ppl.
              Sorry, but having a good soul is not enough. I don't think he was a bad guy. He was a better governor than President. I don't think he was clever enough to be a really bad guy, but he surrounded himself with a few truly evil people and more truly clueless people. In the former category, Cheney and Rove. Without Cheney there would have been no torture, no violations of the civil liberties of every American citizen. Bush wasn't that kind of guy. In the latter category were people like Ashcroft, Gonzales, etc. Ashcroft was the guy who lost a Senate election to a dead candidate. That's the kind of star power you want on your team, for sure.

Bush was not a bad man, but he was not a serious person either, when it came to running the country. Had he not followed Cheney and Rove, he would likely have been a fairly likable and harmless President. Since he let them call the tunes, he must now suffer the judgment of history,

Comment

I don't know why you think we would have been effed if Gore was Pres, we still would have gone into Afghanistan post 9/11 and we would have never gone into Iraq....
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  I don't know why you think we would have been effed if Gore was Pres, we still would have gone into Afghanistan post 9/11 and we would have never gone into Iraq....
                  LOL! Sure we wouldn't have...I guess all those campaign quotes were just pandering to the masses, eh?
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    LOL! Sure we wouldn't have...I guess all those campaign quotes were just pandering to the masses, eh?
                    I'm not trying to be funny, but I don't know what you are talking about.....When did Gore say that he'd take us into Iraq?
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Gore was even more aggressive than Bush in his tone on the campaign trail - and even as late as 2002 - concerning UN violations, blocking of inspectors, and...even...potential for WMD. In September of 2002, while trying to argue that going into Iraq was wrong, Gore not only confirmed the intel on Chemical and Biological WMD was accurate (in his view), but also confirmed that Iraq under Hussein would "never give them up".

Comment

And in "dog bites man" news, chance again defends Bush by claiming that some Democrat would have done something worse. Are there any other Bush apologists left?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                          And in "dog bites man" news, chance again defends Bush by claiming that some Democrat would have done something worse. Are there any other Bush apologists left?
                          Uh, no. Just debunking the silly myth that Gore certainly, never, ever wouldn't have gone into Iraq. FB could be right, and Gore could well be a liar playing the public for patsies. In fact, given how he's made tens of millions off his recent BS in the "green" movement, I'd say it's possible. But to make the claim Gore wouldn't have gone into Iraq, given his statements concerning Saddam, UN violations, and WMD is fallacious at best.

Comment

yeah, I have to agree. I don't know if he would have gone into Afghanistan, but at the time a lot of theoretically anti-war people were pretty convinced by the WMD evidence. I think anyone elected in 2002 would have invaded.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                              yeah, I have to agree. I don't know if he would have gone into Afghanistan, but at the time a lot of theoretically anti-war people were pretty convinced by the WMD evidence.
                              The evidence was only convincing because the administration wanted it to be. There were plenty of reasons to believe that the Iraqis did not have WMDs, but those points were suppressed. The whole Joe Wilson/Valerie Plame incident was largely because of Wilson's report that uranium had not been sent from Niger to Iraq.

Comment

Working...
                              X