Mr. Spicer's Neighborhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Spicer's Neighborhood

I think the curtain is about to close on Sean Spicer, and probably would have already if Team Trump had anyone to shove out there to take his place.

Here is something from today that just cracked me up. The new story is not only that Mike Flynn is having to register as a foreign agent for work he did for Turkey (for a half mill), but that the Trump transition team knew about it before the inauguration, meaning they knew about it before he was named National Security Advisor. They say Trump didn't personally know, which is odd for someone who is totally in charge of his organization.

Anyway, Spicer says it is no problem since Flynn is papering it up now. Here is his quote:

"There's nothing nefarious about doing anything that's legal as long as the proper paperwork is filed."

I'm no lawyer (or maybe I am), but I just don't think that is true. Experience and common sense tell me that "legal" and "right" aren't the same.

Just to be sure, I looked up some synonyms for nefarious. Here are a few: evil, immoral, iniquitous, bad, unethical, unsavory, vicious, vile, villainous, wicked, and wrong. Based just upon this, I would say there are quite a few ways you can do something legal, file all the paperwork, and still have it be nefarious.

It seems to me that Spicer is spinning closer and closer to the sun in an effort to keep his job, which will only hasten his departure, as he looks more and more foolish. He should salvage some dignity and quit now before he is fired in disgrace from the worst job in town.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Even Spicer knows the country is in distress--he wore his American Flag lapel pin upside down at today's presser........
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
      I think the curtain is about to close on Sean Spicer, and probably would have already if Team Trump had anyone to shove out there to take his place.

Here is something from today that just cracked me up. The new story is not only that Mike Flynn is having to register as a foreign agent for work he did for Turkey (for a half mill), but that the Trump transition team knew about it before the inauguration, meaning they knew about it before he was named National Security Advisor. They say Trump didn't personally know, which is odd for someone who is totally in charge of his organization.

Anyway, Spicer says it is no problem since Flynn is papering it up now. Here is his quote:

"There's nothing nefarious about doing anything that's legal as long as the proper paperwork is filed."

I'm no lawyer (or maybe I am), but I just don't think that is true. Experience and common sense tell me that "legal" and "right" aren't the same.

Just to be sure, I looked up some synonyms for nefarious. Here are a few: evil, immoral, iniquitous, bad, unethical, unsavory, vicious, vile, villainous, wicked, and wrong. Based just upon this, I would say there are quite a few ways you can do something legal, file all the paperwork, and still have it be nefarious.

It seems to me that Spicer is spinning closer and closer to the sun in an effort to keep his job, which will only hasten his departure, as he looks more and more foolish. He should salvage some dignity and quit now before he is fired in disgrace from the worst job in town.
      There is no chance that any of these clowns quit without having a gun to their head, or being shown a file of nefarious activities that they've been involved with.

Speaking to Doig's post, my favorite thing in the new regime was when they were all waving Russian flags at CPAC emblazoned with Trump's name...

cpac-russian-flag.jpg
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        There is no chance that any of these clowns quit without having a gun to their head, or being shown a file of nefarious activities that they've been involved with.

Speaking to Doig's post, my favorite thing in the new regime was when they were all waving Russian flags at CPAC emblazoned with Trump's name...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]925[/ATTACH]
        Brilliant bit of social protest on that one. Freaking Genius!
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
        X