Dads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dads

Enjoy time with them while you have them ... mine passed away this weekend after 13 years with Alzheimer's. He lived a very full life - it's good that the suffering is over.

Up here in Canada January is Alzheimers awareness month (I think it's November in the US); it's been important for years, now it will be even more personal.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Sincere condolences for your loss, TG.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. My condolensces to you and your family. Thanks for reminding us that life is short.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Sorry for your loss TG. I pray you dwell on the numerous blessings you had with your dad and hope it brings some comfort during this trying time.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, TG. I lost my dad 4 years ago and still think about him every day.

Comment

So sorry to hear, Greg.
            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

I am sorry for you loss. I hope you have some pictures of the good times. They seem to help.

Comment

my deepest condolences to you and your family. The good thing of the grieving process is that after some time passes, we tend to forget the suffering and negative things and hang on to the good times. Brighter days will come and you'll cherish the lessons he taught you and your family. It's normal for close friends and family to feel relief after the death of an Alzheimer's victim--don't let yourself swim in guilt over that. Be fair with yourself.

Comment

Our condolences TG. It's been 30 years since I lost my father and Bats lost hers 2 years ago. Still hard for me and us. Best wishes to you and your family.
                  -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    Enjoy time with them while you have them ... mine passed away this weekend after 13 years with Alzheimer's. He lived a very full life - it's good that the suffering is over.

Up here in Canada January is Alzheimers awareness month (I think it's November in the US); it's been important for years, now it will be even more personal.

That's a terrific attitude to have...I wish that more people could do that. Sincere condolences to you and your, but it sounds like you're going in the right direction...kudos to you.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm really sorry for your loss, TG, but heartened to hear that you've cherished the relationship and can celebrate the full life he had.

Comment

sorry to hear Greg. It's a miserable thing to watch a loved one go through. I'm happy for him that it is over.
                        Last edited by heyelander; 01-31-2011, 12:34 PM.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Sorry to hear that. My condolences to you. My dad has been going downhill rapidly lately and I'm kind of dreading that his time is coming soon as well. Hopefully I still have some time for my kids to get to enjoy his company.

Comment

Sorry for your loss man. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

Comment

My condolences for your loss Greg.
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                              X