X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big changes ahead for me....

Well guys it seems that my wife and I have decided to take a huge step and

RELOCATE.

Come the end of April we will be moving out of our rented townhome and moving ourselves to Avondale, Arizona. We closed on a house about 2 weeks ago. Its one of those things where we decided we best do it now or we may never get the chance to. My good friend down there found a house for us to look at and we cant be happier with it. 4 bedrooms, loft, solar electrical, new refrigerator and oven and our favorite thing - a pool.

It was a bit of a paperwork nightmare getting the loan approved due to a couple hiccups with my prior marriage, but it all got worked out. Even better, my employer is sending me with my desk computer, monitors and desk phone allowing me to work remotely. My commute will be 30 seconds.

I am really excited about this - and the fact that the change in climate will definitely help my wife dealing with psoriatic arthritis.

Now to the joys of packing up the place.

And my 25 year old son is getting married on April 1st also....... So we arent moving until the end of April.

Anyone here in the Phoenix area? I may be in need of a darts partner. I already found a bowling team.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Congrats!

Should be a fun adventure.

Do have a new job lined up?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Congrats!

Didn't make it past that first big paragraph, huh?
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Congrats!

Even better, my employer is sending me with my desk computer, monitors and desk phone allowing me to work remotely. My commute will be 30 seconds.

LOL
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Congrats! I'm big on gorgeous desert landscapes, so I love Arizona. Well, except for the heat. And the scorpions. And the snakes. And the angry right-wing politics. And the fact that I got dragged into court there once.

Quite a change from Minnesota. Enjoy!
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
            Even better, my employer is sending me with my desk computer, monitors and desk phone allowing me to work remotely. My commute will be 30 seconds.

LOL
            nice! what kind of work do you do?
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
              nice! what kind of work do you do?
              Compliance for a BD - ad review, suitability review, trade surveillance, process and procedure testing - anything else that hits the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                Didn't make it past that first big paragraph, huh?
                Wow, I have no idea how I missed that. I did not miss the rest; climate change, joys of packing, etc.

Comment

congrats ... I stayed a couple of weeks in Scottsdale, I really loved morning hikes in the desert hills in the surrounding area
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      Congrats!

I love this guy! Love him I tell you!

Comment

Congrats! Big change indeed. I love it in AZ despite all those annoyances sheep listed. I'm in Tucson which is a couple hours southeast. I usually drive up to Phx once during ST and also during the Cubs series. And rare concerts, like Green Day tomorrow night . Welcome!
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Let me know when you're ready for a visit

Comment

Wow, that's huge. I work from home and the commute is wonderful. But I'm in NJ and not AZ.

Comment

We are moving end of April - so once I get settled in Im going to be up for some sightseeing...

Comment

Working...
                              X