Favorite Place Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Place Names

Muckle Flugga -- islet at the far northern expanse of the British Isles.
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

The Bronx

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      The Bronx
      You're just a boogey-down kinda guy, Fly I was terribly disappointed when you moved to Jersey instead of leading the Jewish Intellectual resurgence on the Grand Concourse!
      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Intercourse, PA
        Blue Ball, PA

Comment

Knob Lick, Missouri.
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
            You're just a boogey-down kinda guy, Fly I was terribly disappointed when you moved to Jersey instead of leading the Jewish Intellectual resurgence on the Grand Concourse!
            I've been past my Mom's old house on the Grand Concourse several times. I can't do that to my wife and kids.

Comment

I used to know someone who came from Dildo, Newfoundland.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  I've been past my Mom's old house on the Grand Concourse several times. I can't do that to my wife and kids.
                  The Bronx = the farms of The Broncks family, famed for their hospitality and thus leading to Bronx, NY being knows as "The" Bronx. Truth or Urban Legend?

Comment

For BillBucker:

Coxsackie
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Nimrod, MN

Comment

Zzyzx, California
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Weed, CA
                          Eureka, CA
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            For BillBucker:

Coxsackie
                            Also if you're a fan of Legend of Zelda: Keeseville, NY

I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

a few others:

Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, Alberta
                              Come-by-Chance, Newfoundland
                              Blow-me-Down, Newfoundland
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X