Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White terror

How low can Fox sink?

Can you imagine if it had been a Muslim shooter in a white Christian church?

On Sunday night an anti-Muslim white nationalist allegedly walked into a mosque in Canada and shot and killed six people and left at least eight others critically wounded in a hail of gunfire. All …

"For nearly a full day, tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of conservatives all over the internet blamed the shooting on Muslims. The words "Allahu Akbar" were the top trending topic in the United States as the rumors spread that multiple Muslim gunmen screamed this as they shot worshippers in the mosque.

Even when they thought the shooter was a Muslim, the surge of conservative energy was not being expressed as grief for the victims, but a big "we told you radical Islam was dangerous" to rub it in everyone's face. Otherwise, where's the grief? Where's the concern? Where are the fundraisers? Where are the interviews with families of victims?"
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Kudos to you for expressing your grief and concern for the victims, rather than using the tragedy as a platform to mindlessly blast people you hate. Fox News and conservatives should follow your example.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      How low can Fox sink?

Can you imagine if it had been a Muslim shooter in a white Christian church?

On Sunday night an anti-Muslim white nationalist allegedly walked into a mosque in Canada and shot and killed six people and left at least eight others critically wounded in a hail of gunfire. All …

"For nearly a full day, tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of conservatives all over the internet blamed the shooting on Muslims. The words "Allahu Akbar" were the top trending topic in the United States as the rumors spread that multiple Muslim gunmen screamed this as they shot worshippers in the mosque.

Even when they thought the shooter was a Muslim, the surge of conservative energy was not being expressed as grief for the victims, but a big "we told you radical Islam was dangerous" to rub it in everyone's face. Otherwise, where's the grief? Where's the concern? Where are the fundraisers? Where are the interviews with families of victims?"
      Geez dude......i think maybe you should at least give sone sort of lip service to the victims even if you dont mean it before using them as props in your anti-Fox rant. Maybe a dash of perspective is in order too

Comment

Yes, now is not the time to discuss Fox spreading lies, but time to mourn. Are you guys NRA Board Members?
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Yes, now is not the time to discuss Fox spreading lies, but time to mourn. Are you guys NRA Board Members?
          No, not at all, but i did see some right wing losers exploiting the tragedy to say gun laws dont work, so congratulations on being right on their level.

Comment

not a donor - dont own a gun - completely for 2nd Amendment rights.

You know why no army has attempted to land on our shores? Because the citizenry are well equipped to defend their homes and this country until the organized Army comes.

Oh and it is extremely unfortunate that our media is more worried about being the first to report something - than actually getting it right.

Also - no one should be walking into a mosque and killing anyone.
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
              No, not at all, but i did see some right wing losers exploiting the tragedy to say gun laws dont work, so congratulations on being right on their level.
              I wasn't arguing for stricter gun control, merely the same tired refrain the NRA uses after every mass shooting of avoiding discussing the issue because "now is not the right time, it's time to mourn...and pray". The fact that you and sheep immediately criticized me for not expressing my condolences to the victims when no one on the board has even mentioned the shooting a day later just goes to show that you'd rather pick a fight then acknowledge that Fox is a total propaganda machine. I'm sure you'd be giving Clinton a pass too if she ignored this horrific tragedy.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Nope. Just a guy who is fascinated by people who are blind to their own hypocrisy.

Newsflash: Fox News is agenda-driven. Don't watch it. You'll be a happier person.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                  not a donor - dont own a gun - completely for 2nd Amendment rights.

You know why no army has attempted to land on our shores? Because the citizenry are well equipped to defend their homes and this country until the organized Army comes.

Oh and it is extremely unfortunate that our media is more worried about being the first to report something - than actually getting it right.

Also - no one should be walking into a mosque and killing anyone.
                  Wait, what? That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever read. So you really think that if some ordinary joe is hanging out in his house and a battalion from some other country came down the street with tanks, etc that he's going to get up, get his gun and fight the army? Wow. I have nothing to say other than that is dumbest thing I've ever heard.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                    Nope. Just a guy who is fascinated by people who are blind to their own hypocrisy.

Newsflash: Fox News is agenda-driven. Don't watch it. You'll be a happier person.
                    I don't. But millions do, and they're being fed complete falsehoods in order to protect white privilege and discriminate against Muslims.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      Wait, what? That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever read. So you really think that if some ordinary joe is hanging out in his house and a battalion from some other country came down the street with tanks, etc that he's going to get up, get his gun and fight the army? Wow. I have nothing to say other than that is dumbest thing I've ever heard.
                      Yeah, I LOL'ed at that. I think potential attackers might find our massive military arsenal a greater deterrent than Bubbas with their guns.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post

Thanks Bucky - at least I know when the shit hits the fan in your city - you wont be anywhere found to help fight. I dont own a gun - its been years since I have shot one. However, if we saw that Canada's infantry was trying to invade through MN - I guarantee that there would be many here that would grab their guns and stand a post. Not just reserves, but citizens.

And you really dont believe that the total number of guns per capita in America isnt somewhat of a deterant. The British tried and the citizens militia and army turned them away. Nice to live in a country where we can defend ourselves - we did it once - we would do it again.
                        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Thanks Bucky - at least I know when the shit hits the fan in your city - you wont be anywhere found to help fight. I dont own a gun - its been years since I have shot one. However, if we saw that Canada's infantry was trying to invade through MN
                          they can have MN, its south Canada anyway.
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Thanks Bucky - at least I know when the shit hits the fan in your city - you wont be anywhere found to help fight. I dont own a gun - its been years since I have shot one. However, if we saw that Canada's infantry was trying to invade through MN - I guarantee that there would be many here that would grab their guns and stand a post. Not just reserves, but citizens.

And you really dont believe that the total number of guns per capita in America isnt somewhat of a deterant. The British tried and the citizens militia and army turned them away. Nice to live in a country where we can defend ourselves - we did it once - we would do it again.
                            It's one thing when EVERYONE has a musket. But times are a little different than back then.

Perhaps, just perhaps, the reason we haven't been invaded is that we do have a huge military and geographically, it's very difficult. Mexico and Canada aren't going attack us and without going through those countries and barring an air strike where are people going to invade? We have two huge oceans on either side. It has nothing to do with civilian guns. You're a fool if you think that's why other countries won't attack us.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I don't. But millions do, and they're being fed complete falsehoods in order to protect white privilege and discriminate against Muslims.
                              OK. Well, thanks for the update, I guess. I think everybody knows this type of reporting has been going on for some time now at Fox. Absent evidence, I don't know that it's done to forward some overarching white Christian power movement. I think it equally likely that their bad reporting simply stems from their own religious-political biases and paranoia, or perhaps purposeful pandering to the biases and paranoia of their audience. I don't watch their programming, so what do I know? Just that I'll never allow their derangement to cause me to behave as they do.

Comment

Working...
                              X