My Toddler's JCC Daycare Bomb Threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Toddler's JCC Daycare Bomb Threat

They had to evacuate all of these babies and toddlers to a senior center across the street in the snow in 12 degree weather, because of a bomb threat. Apparently, this is one of many over the last few weeks in NY to JCCs across the state. And now we have to go get him. Gotta love people who would threaten to blow up babies and children.

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    They had to evacuate all of these babies and toddlers to a senior center across the street in the snow in 12 degree weather, because of a bomb threat. Apparently, this is one of many over the last few weeks in NY to JCCs across the state. And now we have to go get him. Gotta love people who would threaten to blow up babies and children.
    Sickening. Im sorry you had to go thru this.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. It happened at ours two weeks ago. My 4 year old told me that the class did a "very good huddle drill." That was a not fun day.

Comment

Sickening, sorry to hear.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Insanity. Glad all is OK. Thanks Donald!

Comment

ugh. sorry to hear that. my kid is in preschool at our temple in SF and nothing bad has happened yet, but there's always extra security around the temple and the JCC a half mile away.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I can't imagine the angst this has put into you, your family and your son. I'm sorry to hear that.

I just don't understand where people think this is anywhere near acceptable.
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Jesus, that's simply horrible...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Scary and makes me so angry. I am glad all of your kids are ok.

Comment

Please let them catch this maggot.
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Same thing happened today to my friend's kids in NJ. Also happened multiple times to my friend's kids in LA.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. At home with my two year old, I figured now that I have him down for late nap, I'd look up to see how common this has been lately, since several on this small forum have already been affected. Apparently, very common, with threats seeming to happen in a coordinated fashion in spurts over the last month or so in state across the country. They may be using some kind of mass caller message to get as many threats out as possible at once, and many seem to be a woman's voice. There seem to be no leads yet on tracking down those responsible: http://www.jta.org/2017/01/31/news-o...ave-of-threats

I still don't know how they got all those kids across a major street to the assisted living facility fairly quickly--they moved them before even calling parents, which I'm seeing some parents are pissed about online, but it makes sense to me to evacuate ASAP. I can't imagine it was easy or super safe to walk many dozens of infants and toddlers over there in the snow, but they managed it, and every was okay. I quickly realized this was probably an empty threat while searching it out on my phone and seeing many other threats pop up, but them having to transfer those kids just to be safe to another location did have me worried--that street they crossed is curvy and had ice all over it this morning, and I've seen a couple of accidents on it just this winter.
                        Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-31-2017, 04:16 PM.

Comment

they moved them before even calling parents, which I'm seeing some parents are pissed about online, but it makes sense to me to evacuate ASAP.
                          I prefer decisive action over waiting for the perfect plan.
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                            I prefer decisive action over waiting for the perfect plan.
                            Yeah, as a parent of a toddler who goes today care too, i would want the kids out ASAP. Hard time seeing the other side of that. Real scary to be sure--glad your family is safe

Comment

One in Milwaukee today as well. Very sad.
                              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                              X