Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for a new electric shaver - any suggestions from the pen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a new electric shaver - any suggestions from the pen?

i really didn't want to spend more than $100, but this looks like a heck of a deal for $118:

anybody ever use this one? any other good or bad reviews on other electric shavers?

thanks!
    ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
    i really didn't want to spend more than $100, but this looks like a heck of a deal:

anybody ever use this one? any other good or bad reviews on other electric shavers?

thanks!
    I never use electric, but I have recently discovered shaving oil--it's far better than any gel or foam. I don;t know if you can use it with electrics, but if you can-- you should give it a try.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I've always been a fan of Remington.

I got one of these for Christmas and have been happy with it - covers more area than the Braun I had. I'd probably go for the 3-foil model.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

By the time you go through the wet/dry, charging, cleaning, etc. I'd just as soon use a blade and gel. I am sure technology has changed with electrics, but I never get razor burn with a blade. I can't imagine any electric giving me a closer less hassle shave than my Gillette Mach3.

I do hope it works out for you.

Comment

I have a Norelco that I can use in the shower that I really like. Has the lotion built into the shaver so it cuts down on razor burn. Got it last summer and it was around $85 or $90 if I remember correctly.

Comment

Be a real man

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
              i really didn't want to spend more than $100, but this looks like a heck of a deal for $118:

thanks!
              I own this one. I'm a fan of electric wet/dry, having used them for several years now; in dry mode it's okay, but nothing special; as a wet shaver tho I love it - very close shave (I use a shaving lotion). One note - the first couple of weeks I had a lot of small cuts ... it took a bit of time for my face to adjust.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Be a real man

I used to love watching my grandfather shave with that stuff.

Comment

I have a full beard and only shave my neck and most days do that just after I get out of the shower using a disposable razor. About once a week, I use shaving cream.

I've worn a beard since 1986. It really is the only way to go.

Comment

does anyone else use shaving oil? I'm curious to see your thoughts on it-- I swear by it now.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      does anyone else use shaving oil? I'm curious to see your thoughts on it-- I swear by it now.
                      I prefer not to shave every day ... unless my work dictates I have to. I found oil didn't work so well with a couple of days growth ... but it was good when I shaved daily. I did only try it for a short while, so I'm not the best placed to comment.

I have coarse facial hair, and very tender skin, especially below my chin and neck. I have actually found that cheap disposable dual blades are best suited, and I prefer to only shave after I have taken a shower ... the steam softening the skin / follicles and opening the pores. That way I never get rashes. Those more expensive 4/5 blade razors are useless for me ... the blades are too close together, and they rip the face of me.

Comment

Working...
                      X