Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Thicke, RIP

died at age 69 of a heart attack. RIP

The first I had ever heard of him was way back ('80s?) when he had a talk show w Arsenio Hall as his sidekick (also the first time I had heard of Arsenio). RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
      The first I had ever heard of him was way back ('80s?) when he had a talk show w Arsenio Hall as his sidekick (also the first time I had heard of Arsenio). RIP.
      Thicke of the Night!

Comment

he named his kids after my name and my GF's name back in the 1980s

but I didn't bite on the karma
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

In addition to having the talk show and starring in the "Growing Pains" sitcom, Alan Thicke also composed the theme songs for the game show "Wheel of Fortune" and sitcoms "Diff'Rent Strokes" and "The Facts Of Life." Lately, i had only heard him pitching for Optima Tax Relief on radio and TV ads.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            In addition to having the talk show and starring in the "Growing Pains" sitcom, Alan Thicke also composed the theme songs for the game show "Wheel of Fortune" and sitcoms "Diff'Rent Strokes" and "The Facts Of Life." Lately, i had only heard him pitching for Optima Tax Relief on radio and TV ads.
            Wow, I didnt know that.

Wasnt he from Canada?

Comment

Wow, I didnt know that.

Wasnt he from Canada?
              Yes, from Canada and of course a big hockey fan. Wikipedia says that he had the heart attack while playing hockey with his son.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow, I didnt know that.

Wasnt he from Canada?
                a small town in northern Ontario ... and he was pretty loyal to it, often returning & doing things to help the community, but in a low key way. a good guy.

when Wayne Gretzky was traded to Los Angeles from Edmonton, Thicke put him up in his house.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  he named his kids after my name and my GF's name back in the 1980s

but I didn't bite on the karma
                  Well, the famous son's name is also my name. There are a few of us around.

Comment

Working...
                  X