Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recount

This should end well

Do you mean the recount, or this thread?

Never mind, the answer's the same. ��
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

It's essentially irrelevant, unless they can find concrete evidence of tampering with voting machines. Even then, the outcome is unlikely to change...

The Clinton camp dipped a toe into the waters today, but they say that they're really only interested in vote tampering, not changing the outcome.

They'd have to overturn Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania for the electoral vote to switch to HRC...sadly, not going to happen.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

i would say it's more than a little hypocritical to howl with outrage when Trump says he might contest the results, but then to contest them when you lose--especially when you need to flip 3 states to win. Kudos to President Obama for stepping up with a harsh dose of reality for the Stein and Clinton camps.

Comment

The Stein efforts come on the heels of a group of professors, scientists, and lawyers pressuring the Hillary Clinton campaign to seek recounts after they uncovered what they claim are statistical anomalies in Wisconsin’s results. I have read some of what has been presented, and it basically comes to that it is just not possible for the polls to have been this wrong, including day of exit polling. I do not think there was a smoking gun type of finding. Maybe Trump voters did not want to disclose their position for whatever reason. In any case, I do not get the point. Flipping Wisconsin does nothing. Plus it looks petty and desperate to pursue this line when it just has no possibility of changing anything other than angering people.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
            i would say it's more than a little hypocritical to howl with outrage when Trump says he might contest the results, but then to contest them when you lose--especially when you need to flip 3 states to win. Kudos to President Obama for stepping up with a harsh dose of reality for the Stein and Clinton camps.
            Meh, recounts in this country are as old as the country itself. It's well worth examining the tallies and how they occured to see if there was some evidence of tampering by an outside agency. It's not going to affect the outcome, and may improve security in future elections, if they find any evidence of tampering or voter fraud.

I actually find the howls from Trump amusing, since he was the one who was so convinced that the whole thing was rigged...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Meh, recounts in this country are as old as the country itself. It's well worth examining the tallies and how they occured to see if there was some evidence of tampering by an outside agency. It's not going to affect the outcome, and may improve security in future elections, if they find any evidence of tampering or voter fraud.

I actually find the howls from Trump amusing, since he was the one who was so convinced that the whole thing was rigged...
              I find the howls of those outraged at possible foreign tampering amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                I find the howls of those outraged at possible foreign tampering amusing.
                We've been down this road before...wasn't right when we did it either.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

We've been down this road before...wasn't right when we did it either.
                  Agreed, but if you don't howl when we do it, you should STFU

Comment

Agreed, but if you don't howl when we do it, you should STFU
                    Again, they're not "howling", Marc Elias, Democratic council for the campaign, simply said that they would be there as observers if Stein went ahead with her push for the re-count. Nothing more than that...they didn't initiate it, and they'd be fools if they didn't observe as long as it's already happening.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Again, they're not "howling", Marc Elias, Democratic council for the campaign, simply said that they would be there as observers if Stein went ahead with her push for the re-count. Nothing more than that...they didn't initiate it, and they'd be fools if they didn't observe as long as it's already happening.
                      Man you equivocate everything.

Comment

Man you equivocate everything.
                        No, I don't inflate everything to hyperbolic levels...when you find evidence that the Clinton camp initiated the recount, you let me know, 'K?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          Do you mean the recount, or this thread?

Never mind, the answer's the same. ��
                          Agreed

Comment

No, I don't inflate everything to hyperbolic levels...when you find evidence that the Clinton camp initiated the recount, you let me know, 'K?
                            If you look me in the face and say "thank you very much" but what you're really saying is "go fuck yourself" I don't need evidence.

BTW I'm not being hyperbolic, I'm choosing not to be willfully ignorant.

Comment

I interact with a guy that is still going on about Florida 2000. Gore should have won by 30,000. I still don't have a cite to the supposed study.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X