RIP Florence Henderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Florence Henderson

The actress best known for her role as Carol Brady on the Brady Bunch died of heart failure on Thanksgiving at the age of 82.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/25/entert...bit/index.html
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

...here's a story...

Comment

damn.

Comment

Some interesting facts about Florence Henderson:

- She was the first female guest host of the "Tonight Show" in 1962

- She was the light news and weather girl on the "Today Show" 1959-1960

- She was the third choice for the role of Carol Brady

- She asked the producers of the "Brady Bunch" to give Carol Brady a job but they refused

- She never received an Emmy nomination for her role as Carol Brady

- The "Brady Bunch" was canceled after 5 seasons despite high ratings

- She was a licensed hypnotherapist

- She was the hostess of two cooking shows: "Country Kitchen" from 1985-1993 and "Who's Cooking With Florence Henderson" in 2013

- She was the spokeswoman for "Wesson Oil" from 1976-2006
        Last edited by madducks; 11-28-2016, 11:06 PM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Had to watch "A Very Brady Christmas" over the weekend. The wife and I have it as part of the holiday tradition. Great campy stuff.

There was a time in my life when I could tell you the storyline of the show within the first fifteen seconds of the show. (When I was in college, The Brady Bunch was on for two hours straight between TBS and WGN).

Great Brady Bunch memory, at the end of finals week my junior year, we decided to have a Brady Drinking Game. Main rule, you picked a character and drank every time their name was said. My roommate chose Bobby. Show starts, roles creates, I look at him and say, "You're fucked!" He looks at me and says, "How do you know?" I tell him, the Brady's are packing up for the Grand Canyon. Bobby and Cindy get lost and the end of episode one has everyone screaming their names and the second episode starts the same one.

He was in bed that night by 6:30.

RIP Florence, the mother to a generation.
          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Working...
          X