2020 Election thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Election thread.

I doubt that Donald Trump intends to run twice. Assume he will not. We know that a full slate of Democrats will climb onboard. I was going to eliminate anyone 65 or older, but that includes Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, so open call.

Who will be running?

Democrats
    Cory Booker
    Kamala Harris
    Elizabeth Warren
    Tammy Duckworth
    Howard Schultz

Republicans
    Rand Paul
    Ted Cruz
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 11-17-2016, 09:36 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

For the Democrats:

Cory Booker
    Kamala Harris
    Elizabeth Warren
    Tammy Duckworth
    Howard Schultz

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
      For the Democrats:

Cory Booker
      Kamala Harris
      Elizabeth Warren
      Tammy Duckworth
      Howard Schultz
      The Dems need to fight fire with fire and unfortunately, that means grooming the best electable white man for the job. Mark Cuban?

And if Trump doesn't run a second time, how could it be anyone other than Pence? And that's why he will run for a second term, if he makes it through his first -- because he's a narcissistic megalomaniac, and wants to see a dynasty. If he makes it 8 years, I guarantee we will see Don Jr. or Ivanka run.

Comment

Jon Stewart
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Too soon to tell on either side...not worth the speculation. I'll guarantee that nobody had Trump in 2012 as the GOP nominee...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

I agree, there will be lots of crazy shit going down in the next couple of years. Way too early to get into this.

But any Dem list at this point needs to have Michelle Obama's name on it.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              I agree, there will be lots of crazy shit going down in the next couple of years. Way too early to get into this.

I'm guessing that we'll never see her run for office...which I think would be a shame. She had to sit there and watch her Husband and children get threatened and insulted for 8 years, I would suspect that would be enough for her, unless the kids make a plea for her to do so...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                I'm guessing that we'll never see her run for office...which I think would be a shame. She had to sit there and watch her Husband and children get threatened and insulted for 8 years, I would suspect that would be enough for her, unless the kids make a plea for her to do so...
                Agree -- I doubt she wants any part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post

Aren't there a lot of Democrats that are more qualified than Michelle Obama ? Or is this just based on popularity or a way to get around the 2 term limit for Barack ?
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Aren't there a lot of Democrats that are more qualified than Michelle Obama ? Or is this just based on popularity or a way to get around the 2 term limit for Barack ?
                    I am starting to think Democrats just assume a former first lady is highly qualified. Which I can't understand at all.

As for2020 Republican candidates, Rand Paul. What's a Republican primary without a Paul in the running!
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

"qualified"... not sure what that means in a potus candidate anymore
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Michelle Obama is basically the most likeable Democrat in the last I don't know how many years. I guess since Bill Clinton was running, but without Whitewater etc. Even Trump wouldn't attack her. And clearly we've seen that personality outweighs qualification and confidence, sooo...
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Tom Brady opens at 100-1.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Too soon to tell on either side...not worth the speculation. I'll guarantee that nobody had Trump in 2012 as the GOP nominee...
                            No. Hillary Clinton OTOH was a no-brainer.

Ted Cruz will take another shot unless he dons robes. The problem is that he has a Harvard Law degree and none of the names on Trump's list do.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

so serious question - what are the qualities that make someone a reasonable suggestion for either side?

experience in politics?
                              successful business-person?
                              popularity with their base?

I genuinely don't have any idea at this point. If I were a betting man I'd probably give Dwayne Johnson better odds than Cruz or Rubio at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X