Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious about peoples thoughts on the protests in SD....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious about peoples thoughts on the protests in SD....

I understand that there are multiple pipelines running across our fair country. I am wondering about peoples thoughts related to the protests occurring in SD.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

I feel for them, and personally would love to see us building water pipelines instead down from Canada
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      I feel for them, and personally would love to see us building water pipelines instead down from Canada
      Yeah, get going on those desalination plants instead.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I think pipelines are easily the most efficient and safest transportation for these liquids/gases. Unless you don't want to transport them to the local spot I can't see a better alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker765 View Post
          I think pipelines are easily the most efficient and safest transportation for these liquids/gases. Unless you don't want to transport them to the local spot I can't see a better alternative.
          Then they should've built them where they were originally planned.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Then they should've built them where they were originally planned.
            Absolutely. You need to get the land owner's permissions first. Many landowners like the royalty checks. Others don't want the pipeline. You should be able to negotiate this before building so that everyone is happy.

Although, from what little I know of this particular protest that might have happened and the protesters don't want it built "near" their land which probably isn't legally in their favor. I could be wrong since I haven't followed this story closely.

Comment

Working...
            X