olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• olympics

that Somalia woman that ran in 2008 summer games Samia Yusuf Omar, and they entered her in the 400m instead of the 200m i think, and she came in last and everyone cheered their heads off for her, died in 2012 trying to reach italy from libya. they will have a 2 minute silence before the 400m event.

i think this is why we have the olympics. so ppl and countries can unite in competition outside of the other ways everyone competes. a place where everyone can say that they want to be a part of this world.

I love the olympics
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      I love the olympics
      seconded - especially the more obscure the sport of athlete

one thing - I played/play serious volleyball and my son plays college volleyball and I like indoor volleyball so much better - the strategy, the evolution of a play, the speed etc, the power
      and I do not like beach volleyball - but ...

Comment

Anyone here going to the olympics?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
          seconded - especially the more obscure the sport of athlete

one thing - I played/play serious volleyball and my son plays college volleyball and I like indoor volleyball so much better - the strategy, the evolution of a play, the speed etc, the power
          and I do not like beach volleyball - but ...
          last year when we had the pan-am games here in Toronto we went to an indoor volleyball game - I think it was a semi-final - Canada vs Brazil. Sitting up close was a great experience - those guys are awesome athletes.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            last year when we had the pan-am games here in Toronto we went to an indoor volleyball game - I think it was a semi-final - Canada vs Brazil. Sitting up close was a great experience - those guys are awesome athletes.
            LOL

I read this post under the assumption that this thread was about female volleyball apparel ... because ... well ... isn't that what every other olympic volleyball thread has ever been about?

Last edited by johnnya24; 08-08-2016, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Phelps!
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

water polo is the most bad-ass sport

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  water polo is the most bad-ass sport
                  Played for three years in high school. It's a lot of fun, but can be grueling as hell. I was to small to be any good, but our team wasn't good enough so I got to play.

Olympic water Polo seems like a totally different animal.

Definitely bad ass

Comment

Is she fat? http://mashable.com/2016/08/10/mexic...tter-olympics/

I'm honestly not seeing whats wrong with her.
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
                      until your horse drowns, anyway
                      Everyone knows horses aren't athletes.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                        Everyone knows horses aren't athletes.
                        Especially the ones that can't swim...........
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Phelps is unbelievable. He wins all of these gold medals while swimming in heats as well as finals. Dude swims like 3 races a day !!!!
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Phelps is greatest athlete of all time. BOOM!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              Phelps is greatest athlete of all time. BOOM!!
                              He certainly is the greatest Olympic athlete of all time, breaking the 2200 year old record of Leonidas of Thebes, with the most gold medals of any Olympic athlete
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                              X