2K11: Curtis Granderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11: Curtis Granderson

He was pedestrian in the first half of 2010 which included a groin injury. But then in the second half he seemed to settle in after making a mechanical adjustment. That's when the power and speed really exploded.

What do you guys think of Granderson this year?
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
    He was pedestrian in the first half of 2010 which included a groin injury. But then in the second half he seemed to settle in after making a mechanical adjustment. That's when the power and speed really exploded.

What do you guys think of Granderson this year?
    The power exploded in the 2nd half, but the speed didn't (7 SBs in 1st half, 5 in the 2nd).

What concerns me about Grandy is that he's now had two consecutive extremely similar mediocre seasons:
    BA: .247 & .249
    OBP: .327 & .324
    SLG: .453 & .468
    OPS+: 102 & 109

From a fantasy perspective, he'll still be solid as he should be able to get 23-28 HRs and 15-20 SBs, but he's definitely fallen a rung since 2007, that's for sure.
    Last edited by revo; 01-30-2011, 11:59 PM.

Comment

I think he was a little overrated before last season and a little underrated going into this season. A possible bargain if he weren't a Yankee.
      “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
      -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Kevin Long (hitting coach) really did a lot of work with him during the season and helped him to improve against lefties. Even if he doesn't hit for power against them, the AVG will probably be a lot better just because he won't be totally hopeless in 30% of his ABs.

Now, that said, he only hit .253 against righties last year, but BB-Ref has him with a .269 BABIP against them and he has to do better than that.

So I think he's a little bit of a sleeper this year. I think he'll run a little bit more just because he'll be on base a little bit more.

580 AB, .268-25-86-79r-19sb with upside from there.

Comment

It also seems like him and Nick Swisher will flip-flop in the 2 and 7 holes based on matchups. At least that seemed to be the case last year.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Kevin Long (hitting coach) really did a lot of work with him during the season and helped him to improve against lefties. Even if he doesn't hit for power against them, the AVG will probably be a lot better just because he won't be totally hopeless in 30% of his ABs.

Now, that said, he only hit .253 against righties last year, but BB-Ref has him with a .269 BABIP against them and he has to do better than that.

So I think he's a little bit of a sleeper this year. I think he'll run a little bit more just because he'll be on base a little bit more.

580 AB, .268-25-86-79r-19sb with upside from there.
            Actually, his average didn't really improve in the 2nd half all that much, .266 in July, back down to .225 in August, and up to .263 in September. His power really spiked in August and September with a total of 14 HR's, so that and his 15-20 bags make him valuable. But I really don't see much more than a .250 average, if that.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Actually, his average didn't really improve in the 2nd half all that much, .266 in July, back down to .225 in August, and up to .263 in September. His power really spiked in August and September with a total of 14 HR's, so that and his 15-20 bags make him valuable. But I really don't see much more than a .250 average, if that.
              Yeah you are talking about a guy with an average EYE (.50) and a 75% contact rate so .250-.260 is pretty fair to expect. It's just the power/speed combo, the lineup and the jump in RC/G in the second half that I like seeing.

Comment

Wow! 12 HRs already.

Comment

Curtis Granderson may be having the best year of the modern fantasy era. He's on pace for:

144 R
                  44 HR
                  119 RBI
                  30 SB

sweet merciful crap

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Curtis Granderson may be having the best year of the modern fantasy era. He's on pace for:

144 R
                    44 HR
                    119 RBI
                    30 SB

sweet merciful crap
                    Kevin Long for President!

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                      Kevin Long for President!
                      Mark Teixera says hi
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

another great guy. I am sure there are many of these but its nice to talk about the good guys.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6784547
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Grandy gets number 32 today. YOWZA

Comment

currently on pace for

150 R
                            46 HR
                            134 RBI
                            31 SB

best fantasy year evah?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              currently on pace for

150 R
                              46 HR
                              134 RBI
                              31 SB

best fantasy year evah?
                              Hard not to argue.

Comment

Working...
                              X