The Republican National Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Republican National Convention

Post your incident reports here...........
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

60 years ago...

Comment

So Trumps wife pretty much paraphrases Michelle Obama's speech from 2008.

Seriously, the GOP slogan for this years election should be

"Who gives a fuck, we're stupid, but you're stupider"

IDIOCRACY, It's REAL.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Hey, if Melania is going to choose a role model first lady to emulate, she could do a lot worse than channeling Michelle Obama.

Comment

The plagiarizing thing is a welcome distraction from:

Comment

Comment

There have been some extreme examples of hatred highlighted by speeches already and there has only been one day - do a quick check of the list above and each one is more appaling than the next

Comment

I don't know how much longer I can take this. I believe better times are in the future, but I don't know if I can hang on until that happens. I see it 50/50 that I'll be changing parties before the election.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Is it ironic that Drumpf 's entrance to the stage was backed by "We Are the Champions" by Queen -- a group that was led by a gay frontman. I wonder if Freddie Mercury would be OK being associated with Drumpf and the GOP.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Is it ironic that Drumpf 's entrance to the stage was backed by "We Are the Champions" by Queen -- a group that was led by a gay frontman. I wonder if Freddie Mercury would be OK being associated with Drumpf and the GOP.
                    well as of a month ago (this is from June 9) Brian May wasn't ...

"This is not an official Queen statement, but I can confirm that permission to use the track was neither sought nor given. We are taking advice on what steps we can take to ensure this use does not continue," May wrote on his website, brianmay.com.
                    http://abc7chicago.com/news/queen-gu...paign/1378543/
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

It's like every asshole you went to high school decided to hold a convention and brought their friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        The plagiarizing thing is a welcome distraction from:

Ultimately and unfortunately, I think the constant references to Hillary Clinton as a criminal who should be a candidate for a jail cell rather than the White House is probably the correct strategy for Trump and the GOP. I also think that decisively taking the side of the police and raising fears about the Black Lives Matter movement's incitement of would-be cop killers is good political strategy, as well as continuing the drumbeat about "calling our enemy by its name" on Radical Islam. Sure, that stuff makes us cringe as Democrats/liberals/Clinton supporters, and it draws media rebukes, but if I try to step outside my own political beliefs and evaluate it purely in terms of campaign strategy, I think that stuff is where Trump can drum up enthusiasm, get out the vote, and pull over undecideds who just don't like or trust Clinton.

Comment

On the flip side, if I were advising the Trump campaign I'd recommend toning down or eliminating the stuff that links Latino immigration to crime or terror and see if I can bring back some of the conservative-leaning Latino voters. And I'd stay as far away as possible from abortion/contraception/Supreme Court during the prime time speeches. Let Pence and other surrogates bang that drum in more targeted campaign events, rather than for a national audience.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                            On the flip side, if I were advising the Trump campaign I'd recommend toning down or eliminating the stuff that links Latino immigration to crime or terror and see if I can bring back some of the conservative-leaning Latino voters. And I'd stay as far away as possible from abortion/contraception/Supreme Court during the prime time speeches. Let Pence and other surrogates bang that drum in more targeted campaign events, rather than for a national audience.
                            advising???? - I am smart man I can do it myself

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X