im watching this huge insect take a stoll down the walkway at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im watching this huge insect take a stoll down the walkway at work

maybe not huge but big enough to notice it there at night like oh don't step on that. got 6 legs and it's moving really slow. so i watch it for a little while. whatever it's doing or going it's not making any sense. it looks old. it's front two legs are like pincers, so i think it could climb. i want to pick it up. a woman walks by me just as i stand up and then i say bug, and point to it. she's like oh you're looking at the bug. and i say wherever it's going it's going to take a long time. that's kind of stupid talking to women about bugs. lol. she surprised me from behind.

so then i notice the bug seems to be moving towards me. so i sit down and position myself to see for sure. and it is and starts climbing on my leg. and im thinking, if i was a girl this bug has all the scary qualities. it's big, it crawls around like a zombie at night. it's not a bug you usually see. it's front arms look like it's packing something so you don't know if it could sting you or something. like the time i picked up a tomato worm. and it goes for you. it got to my knee and i lifted it up a looked at it and then put it down and i went somewhere.

i come back and it's still there. but now it's not moving. it's cold. it's dead. so thats what it was doing. bummer. i think in it's final moments it was drawn to climb another living thing. and i go somewhere again. comeback and it's moved. i look around and find a replica shell of it. and next to it is this weird blue and green thing almost twice it's size. it metamorphosed. i couldn't really tell what it is. i think one of those giant ass fly's you see at night. i always wondered where those things came from. it looked like it had little blue underdeveloped wings. it looked like beetle at first. but it had huge eye's like a fly. and the front arms, like a fly. i can't imagine it was very pleasant for it. it was like omg, im undergoing a metamorphosis.

a women once told me a story how this bug was like stalking her in her apartment. lol. it went in another room and she went around the corner and armed herself with a big book. she said it like this 'it came out of the room and looked around the corner to see if the coast was clear and i went wham with the book!' there's something ancient going on there. like how ppl are afraid of snakes. something in our genetic code still that tells us to overreact or be afraid of certain things. why are women so freaked out by bugs. why do dogs circle their bed before lying down. why do ppl yell snake!
    Last edited by ; 07-13-2016, 06:01 AM.

if life is built on information from our genetic code, couldn't you say life trends toward intelligence. is there a difference between information and intelligence. i guess there is. and our code isn't built or survives because we are smart, a species survives because it gets a mutation or luck. yet the information is still stored. history that can be retrieved. it can be recalled to improve a species survival. our dna is our programming but also an archive of our experiences. so the evidence nature trends toward intelligence is in how we are made, in theory?

or try to look at it this way, how would a life form be made that you could say doesn't trend towards it.

to be honest. im not sure i even know very much about evolution. not that it means anything but i couldn't even pick out darwin in a lineup until i was in my 40's.

Comment

According to Thomas Ligotti, the source of most of Cohle's monologues in True Detective, sentience is a curse
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

While walking through the woods one day,
        I saw something that took my breath away.
        A little lake, where before, no little lake stood.
        And then, before my disbelieving eyes,
        I saw a busy beaver, making a dam, no lie!
        No electric production as of yet,
        Not even a tiny little air conditioner to keep them cool...
        But another ten millions of years, and you can bet!!
        They'll have evolved to the use of electrified tools.

planet of the otters.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          maybe not huge but big enough to notice it there at night like oh don't step on that. got 6 legs and it's moving really slow. so i watch it for a little while. whatever it's doing or going it's not making any sense. it looks old. it's front two legs are like pincers, so i think it could climb. i want to pick it up. a woman walks by me just as i stand up and then i say bug, and point to it. she's like oh you're looking at the bug. and i say wherever it's going it's going to take a long time. that's kind of stupid talking to women about bugs. lol. she surprised me from behind.

so then i notice the bug seems to be moving towards me. so i sit down and position myself to see for sure. and it is and starts climbing on my leg. and im thinking, if i was a girl this bug has all the scary qualities. it's big, it crawls around like a zombie at night. it's not a bug you usually see. it's front arms look like it's packing something so you don't know if it could sting you or something. like the time i picked up a tomato worm. and it goes for you. it got to my knee and i lifted it up a looked at it and then put it down and i went somewhere.

i come back and it's still there. but now it's not moving. it's cold. it's dead. so thats what it was doing. bummer. i think in it's final moments it was drawn to climb another living thing. and i go somewhere again. comeback and it's moved. i look around and find a replica shell of it. and next to it is this weird blue and green thing almost twice it's size. it metamorphosed. i couldn't really tell what it is. i think one of those giant ass fly's you see at night. i always wondered where those things came from. it looked like it had little blue underdeveloped wings. it looked like beetle at first. but it had huge eye's like a fly. and the front arms, like a fly. i can't imagine it was very pleasant for it. it was like omg, im undergoing a metamorphosis.

a women once told me a story how this bug was like stalking her in her apartment. lol. it went in another room and she went around the corner and armed herself with a big book. she said it like this 'it came out of the room and looked around the corner to see if the coast was clear and i went wham with the book!' there's something ancient going on there. like how ppl are afraid of snakes. something in our genetic code still that tells us to overreact or be afraid of certain things. why are women so freaked out by bugs. why do dogs circle their bed before lying down. why do ppl yell snake!
          Dogs circling their beds is left over instinct from the motion of tamping down grass to sleep in the wild, or at least that is what I was told.

Comment

Working...
          X