ON Sale Pricing........ Love Math!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ON Sale Pricing........ Love Math!

So I go to Target today and pick up some ketchup and granola bars. The granola bars are on sale 3 boxes for $6 (6 bars per box). The Family size box is 5.29 with 20 bars in it... I love getting something for better than the sale price.

Ahhh that tricky pricing!!
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Math is good.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

How big are the bars in each box?

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
        So I go to Target today and pick up some ketchup and granola bars. The granola bars are on sale 3 boxes for $6 (6 bars per box). The Family size box is 5.29 with 20 bars in it... I love getting something for better than the sale price.

Ahhh that tricky pricing!!
        I call that first option "For Sale" pricing.

Comment

My wife hates shopping with me. I pick up a box of something while she gets the same thing in a different size. She says "But these are on sale", me "But this is cheaper and you get more", her "But these are on sale", me "I don't care, this is cheaper and you get more". I love her but she is a marketers dream customer.

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
            My wife hates shopping with me. I pick up a box of something while she gets the same thing in a different size. She says "But these are on sale", me "But this is cheaper and you get more", her "But these are on sale", me "I don't care, this is cheaper and you get more". I love her but she is a marketers dream customer.
            "Remember shoppers, the more you spend, the more you save!!!"
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
              I think they hate all of us. We're always "how much is it per ounce? see, this is less". And then they're "I'll show you less."

Comment

Damn, you are all missing the big point here: Why does baldgriff put ketchup on granola bars?

Comment

thanks Steve! Ketchup was for the brats that I had grilled the night prior and didnt have any condiments at work for the bun.
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                    thanks Steve! Ketchup was for the brats that I had grilled the night prior and didnt have any condiments at work for the bun.
                    did you just say ketchup for the brats?? good god!!!
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      No kidding. That's heresy.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yes Ketchup and I also like onions and sweet relish with them. Actually I put some cheese inside the bun and lay the brat on it.

Comment

What is more offensive - putting ketchup on brats (misbehaving children) or on brats (bratwurst)?

Comment

If the man will put ketchup on granola bars, it doesn't surprise me he puts it on bratwurst, too.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

ketchup is the official condiment of 9 year old children....the only food item I put ketchup on is hash browns. I prefer mustard for all sausages or potato elements, my favorite condiment for french fries is 1000 island dressing, and my favorite condiment for "fried meat" items is tonkatsu sauce
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                              X