Madden '12 Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madden '12 Cover

Pretty awesome IMO. Peyton Hillis will grace the cover of Madden after stomping Michael Vick in the fan voting. This is the first time fans have had the say in who would be on the cover and it definitely didn't work out as expected.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6438406

And theres talk of him losing carries to Hardesty already. Jinx?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

This is outstanding news. Amusingly enough, I likely wouldn't have voted at all had it not been to log on to vote against Michael Vick in every round. I'm all for 2nd chances, but the new Vick love affair is a bit much for me.

Comment

I'm just happy to see a Browns player get some love!

Of course, the Madden jinx doesn't excited me...but hey in Cleveland we live for bad news!

Comment

Where's Papa Deuce? I figured that he'd be in here rooting for Vick to get on the cover.
          14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
          RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
          WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
          TE: Olsen (NA)
          K: Lutz (7)
          DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

racism?
            I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

is it safe to say the "Madden Curse" lives?

Comment

The Mythbusters would call this one "Plausible".
                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  is it safe to say the "Madden Curse" lives?
                  Absolutely. Hillis could be one of the biggest Madden Curse busts ever.

Comment

The Daunte Culpepper one still sticks out to me as the biggest of all-time.

Comment

did you just answer your own question?
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        did you just answer your own question?
                        I enjoy talking to myself on occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                          The Daunte Culpepper one still sticks out to me as the biggest of all-time.
                          Didn't one of the Madden players get hurt in the first game of the season that they graced the cover? I thought it was Vick.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                            Didn't one of the Madden players get hurt in the first game of the season that they graced the cover? I thought it was Vick.
                            Just like Revo, I answered my own question.....it was Donovan McNabb in 2005, he hurt himself with a sports hernia in the first game.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                              Just like Revo, I answered my own question.....it was Donovan McNabb in 2005, he hurt himself with a sports hernia in the first game.
                              Vick broke his leg in PRESEASON the year he was on the cover.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X