Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White House Releases Obama Birth Certificate

hopefully this will shut those morons up:

(CNN) – The White House released President Obama's original birth certificate Wednesday.

The surprise release follows recent and sustained remarks by businessman Donald Trump, among others, that raised doubts as to whether the president was born in the United States.

Speaking to reporters Wednesday, Trump said, "I have accomplished something nobody else has accomplished."

"I want to look at it, but i hope it’s true," he added. "He should have done it a long time ago. I am really honored to have played such a big role in hopefully getting rid of this issue."

Originally posted by revo View Post
    hopefully this will shut those morons up:

(CNN) – The White House released President Obama's original birth certificate Wednesday.

The surprise release follows recent and sustained remarks by businessman Donald Trump, among others, that raised doubts as to whether the president was born in the United States.

Speaking to reporters Wednesday, Trump said, "I have accomplished something nobody else has accomplished."

"I want to look at it, but i hope it’s true," he added. "He should have done it a long time ago. I am really honored to have played such a big role in hopefully getting rid of this issue."
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...pt=T1&iref=BN1
    Trump's quote actually made me laugh out loud--what a tool.

Comment

It's a fake!!!!!!

Comment

Is it the "long form" that so many were fascinated about?
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          Is it the "long form" that so many were fascinated about?
          Yep. This is it. I'll be very curious to see how this turns the poll numbers among Republicans. I also wonder why they didn't release it earlier. Was it a matter of principle and precedent - they don't want to have to waste their time and energy rebutting every ridiculous right-wing conspiracy? Or did they believe there was a political benefit to leaving the birther conspiracy out there?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            Yep. This is it. I'll be very curious to see how this turns the poll numbers among Republicans. I also wonder why they didn't release it earlier. Was it a matter of principle and precedent - they don't want to have to waste their time and energy rebutting every ridiculous right-wing conspiracy? Or did they believe there was a political benefit to leaving the birther conspiracy out there?
            Not sure what they believed, but I believe it was a huge political benefit for the President to have the 'kooky right' preoccupied with this.
            I'm actually a bit surprised they decided to release it--not sure how it benefits the President other than a brief "i told you so moment'.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
              Not sure what they believed, but I believe it was a huge political benefit for the President to have the 'kooky right' preoccupied with this.
              I'm actually a bit surprised they decided to release it--not sure how it benefits the President other than a brief "i told you so moment'.
              Even though the CNN investigation concluded that the President was born in Hawaii, it also made it clear that the original could be requested and obtained by the President. At that point, I think the President's supporters were starting to look a bit silly answering the question "Then why doesn't he just do that and end this nonsense once and for all?" with "eh, it sets a bad precedent and we shouldn't have to".

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                I'm wondering why they didnt release it later, like next year. The handlers must have determined that there was more political gain now than later but I dont see it.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

It took the government years to silence all the witnesses who could reveal the document for the fraud it is. fft2:
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                    It took the government years to silence all the witnesses who could reveal the document for the fraud it is. fft2:
                    Is that the smiley you meant to use? It looks like it's farting on what you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      Is that the smiley you meant to use? It looks like it's farting on what you posted.
                      fft2:

fft2:
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                        fft2:

fft2:
                        You're starting to remind me of someone....

Comment

Our long national nightmare is over! LOL

Why did he wait so long? My speculation: The administration probably calculated that there was some minor political benefit in having The Right Fringe continually going nuts over it, but once they saw the uncertainty bleeding into the mainstream via polling data, they probably decided that the bad was starting to outweigh the good, and they decided to put a stop to it. If you're a real political cynic, maybe they wanted to see how many mainstream Republicans they could get to take the bait before they snapped the trap shut ("Heckuva job, Trumpy!"). On a personal level, I can completely understand why The Prez would enjoy flipping the bird to people questioning his legitimacy in that way.

It was pretty bizarre to hear some of the reactions on our top rated local radio show this morning. The host - a typically nonpartisan guy with decades of credibility under his belt - latched on to the birther thing a couple years ago, and has been sounding the drumbeat for it loudly ever since, bringing on every birther "investigator" he could find. When the news first broke, his first instinct was to defend the fort - "I'll need to examine it myself." "It still doesn't address other questions..." "It raises other questions..." I think he realized at some point during the program that he was seriously risking losing his remaining credibility and becoming completely marginalized, and he started to back down. He actually ended his program by stating "I've asked him to produce it, and now he has. Game over."

Unfortunately, his following wasn't quite so willing to concede. "It's fake!" "It's a conspiracy!" "What about the Connecticut social security number?" It was kind of sad, really, to hear how emotionally invested people had become in all of this. I hope that when the emotions cool, these people will pause and consider how they were manipulated, by whom, and why. What are the odds?

In any case, now we can hopefully sweep all this birther stuff to the gutter and focus on some real issues now.
                          Last edited by senorsheep; 04-27-2011, 12:04 PM.
                          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Comment

Eh, I am glad he produced it. Just too much talk about it. Glad it is over, wished he would have done it in the begining. I actually think it would have served him better.

Comment

Working...
                              X