NBA Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Playoffs

I know there are plenty of NBA haters in the Bull Pen, so y'all feel free to ignore this thread.

The Western Conference series have been pretty awesome, so far! In fact, the 4-5 matchup has been the most lopsided, although even there the Nuggets have held their own. I love the fact that the post-season's best Gasol by far has been Marc. I love that the Grizzlies without Gay and the Hornets without West are still playing great basketball. In the east, I've been very impressed with the Pacers' showing against the Bulls. At this point, I'm predicting a Thunder-Heat NBA finals, which would be an absolute blast to watch!

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    I know there are plenty of NBA haters in the Bull Pen, so y'all feel free to ignore this thread.

The Western Conference series have been pretty awesome, so far! In fact, the 4-5 matchup has been the most lopsided, although even there the Nuggets have held their own. I love the fact that the post-season's best Gasol by far has been Marc. I love that the Grizzlies without Gay and the Hornets without West are still playing great basketball. In the east, I've been very impressed with the Pacers' showing against the Bulls. At this point, I'm predicting a Thunder-Heat NBA finals, which would be an absolute blast to watch!
    If everything goes as it seems;

Don't the Heat have to get past the Bulls to be in the finals?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      If everything goes as it seems;

Don't the Heat have to get past the Bulls to be in the finals?
      If the Bulls finish of the Pacers and then take the Hawks/Magic winner, and the Heat finish off the Sixers and then take the Celtics, yes.

Comment

I'm predicting a Thunder-Heat NBA finals
        You really think the NBA would let the Lakers lose? I think the tv ratings are too important so LA will make it vs. Miami/Boston.

Comment

Celtics all the way
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

This thread offends me.

Politics, cars, music, and what not are all open for discussion. Just do not talk any sports here.

Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Celtics all the way
              If the big four are healthy you can't count them out. Rondo was clearly dealing with injuries during the second half of the season but he was destroying the Knicks. But it was the Knicks, who have a coach who doesn't know what defense is so it really isn't saying much. He is so dumb he didn't know that the comeback in game 4 that fell short was only possible cause of the defensive spark that Anthony Carter gave them when he came into the game. But getting back on point, it seams that Rondo is healthy now.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                It'd be pretty cool to see a three-peat.
                We've already seen enough Phil Jackson threepeats. It would be far more cool to see new blood in the Finals.

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                  You really think the NBA would let the Lakers lose? I think the tv ratings are too important so LA will make it vs. Miami/Boston.
                  I think the Thunder are exactly the kind of team the NBA would love to see in the national spotlight. If they can make Durant and OKC the face of the league, with the Heat as the superstar heels, that's great.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    If the big four are healthy you can't count them out. Rondo was clearly dealing with injuries during the second half of the season but he was destroying the Knicks. But it was the Knicks, who have a coach who doesn't know what defense is so it really isn't saying much. He is so dumb he didn't know that the comeback in game 4 that fell short was only possible cause of the defensive spark that Anthony Carter gave them when he came into the game. But getting back on point, it seams that Rondo is healthy now.
                    They almost lost two games to the Knicks in Boston, which had me seriously downgrading their second-round chances, but I agree that they looked much more solid once they got to MSG, and now look ready to give the Heat a damn good series.

Comment

They almost lost two games to the Knicks in Boston, which had me seriously downgrading their second-round chances, but I agree that they looked much more solid once they got to MSG, and now look ready to give the Heat a damn good series.
                      That's a good point. I didn't really get to watch most of the series. Just the last game and little of the end of game 2 where Melo went nuts. They have been very inconsistent on offense since the Perkins trade which makes no sense cause he had nothing to do with the scoring. What I like about them more than Miami and Chicago is their experience and desire and unselfishness. Not that Chicago or Miami don't have the second two (well Wade won one, with Shaq).

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I love this.
                        Attached Files

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Hmm, do you apply that standard to baseball as well?
                          Heck, I wouldn't apply it to basketball if it were the Nets, but we all take what we can get.

Comment

Hornets disposed of. Next step on the way to the three-peat - the Mavericks. I don't see how very many teams can match up with the big men of the Lakers. When Bynum, Gasol, and Odom play anywhere near their abilities they just crush opponents' inside games.
                            I look forward to what I expect will be a Lakers-Thunder conference finals matchup. I think Perkins and Ibaka will prove much more effective than Krstic and Green in terms of neutralizing the Lakers bigs inside, while the Durant-Artest matchup will be great theater, again - arguably the best offensive and defensive wing players in the NBA. Thabo can keep Kobe honest at the 2, and Westbrook should have an opportunity to run wild. I really hope we get that series, because if we get, say, Mavs-Spurs, I might cry.

Comment

Great quote from Rondo:

“I won’t say that nobody can guard me, but when I’m looking at a guy, I don’t really see the player in front of me,” Rondo said. “I’m looking at the second line of the defense, because that’s where I’m headed.

It's ok Rondo, I'll say that no one can guard you, but you can't shoot a free throw either.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X