Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

85 million impacted by this winter storm in Northeast - up to 30 to 40 inches of snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85 million impacted by this winter storm in Northeast - up to 30 to 40 inches of snow

check in with your reports

looks like DC to South Jersey with the worst of it

I'm looking at 4 to 12 inches by late Saturday

#crossthread
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

My town, Bel Air, is looking at a prediction of 23.5". It's not so bad right now, been snowing since 3:30, but overnight it's likely to pick up. From 1 am to 1 pm we might get 13".

I'm not concerned with the snow. It's the 20 to 50 MPH winds I'm worried over.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Here in Silver Spring, it's been snowing since about 1 PM but it looks to be only about 3-4 inches so far. As Pogues said, the heaviest snow is supposed to be overnight, w about 20-30 inches expected. Not expected to stop until late Saturday or even early Sunday. Supermarkets were flooded w people stocking up, a phenomenon I've never understood. I tried to find some salt for spreading on the pavement, but everyone was out and people acted like I was crazy for even asking. But no big deal. I'll shovel out Sunday morning. Everything should be fine as long as the power doesnt go out.

Comment

South of Pittsburgh it's been snowing since about 1:30. About 6-7 inches so far. I expect another 8-10 inches. Far above the 8-12 predicted.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

about 18" expected here.

Comment

In case no one has suggested to you all, you're doing to want to get out after the storm and get some of that snow off your roof. Ice dams are a horrible.

Keep safe and stay off the roads, from what I see most of you folks have no idea how to drive in the snow. And if you do, most likely, the people around you don't.
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Hope everyone is safe, I'll be keeping the light on here in Vegas where predictions are...still no snow :P
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                Keep safe and stay off the roads, from what I see most of you folks have no idea how to drive in the snow. And if you do, most likely, the people around you don't.
                Reminds me of me ex-Russian housemate. He would get so frustrated when our roads would come to a grinding halt in 2 inches of snow

Comment

Oh, I can drive in the snow. Then again, I did spend 4 years in the Pittsburgh area and thirteen years in Illinois...
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

"Keep safe and stay off the roads, from what I see most of you folks have no idea how to drive in the snow."

this is Northeast, not Southeast. might be time for new glasses!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Damn - the weatherheads were rights.

I guess just staring at the snow won't shovel it away in north jersey

Comment

My first Saturday off from work in a long time. I'm a Saturday delivery driver for UPS in Southwestern PA. Management told us that we aren't making deliveries today and to stay home. Only the second Saturday that has happened in about ten years. Looks like there's more than a foot of snow out there and it's still coming down pretty hard. Time to get the shovel out.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

On Wednesday, my area was facing 1 to 3 inches of snow. as of yesterday, 8 to 12. now - uh, keep going. higher, higher......

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            "Keep safe and stay off the roads, from what I see most of you folks have no idea how to drive in the snow."

this is Northeast, not Southeast. might be time for new glasses!
                            My comment was more for those in DC and that area.

However, we in MN don't do much driving when weather gets like this.
                            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Yeah, we've got a good 6-8" in Central Jersey already and it's still going. Might get double that.

The good news is that, at least here, it looks like we'll have all of Sunday to clear it out, so no reason for schools to delay or close on Monday. i have no doubt they will anyway...
                              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Working...
                              X