Gillian Welch and David Rawlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gillian Welch and David Rawlings

Going to see them at the Majestic in Dallas TX tonight. Anyone else a fan?

If you like David Rawlings, did you see the links I posted to The Milk Carton Kids in the music thread? Reckon you'd get a real kick out of them, especially the lead guitarist.

Comment

Love Gillian Welch, Lucky. How was the show?

Milk Carton Kids also excellent. I discovered them watching the T-Bone Burnett-produced concert video of the music of Inside Llewyn Davis and more. Lots of great stuff there.

Comment

I saw them Last week, fantastic!
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Here you go Eld - blaphsemy or cool?

Comment

some more

Comment

I saw an interesting documentary called The Big Easy this past weekend - great bluegrass and americana root music

Comment

It was an excellent show at a superb venue. The sound was crystal clear.

They played Dave Rawlings Machine songs almost exclusively, so I was a little disappointed not to hear more Gillian Welch. My favorites of hers are Time (The Revelator), Rock of Ages (not that one), and My First Lover. They tour sometimes as Gillian Welch and sometimes as the DRM, both of which are worth seeing.

Extra treats were Cortez the Killer and The Weight. Great crowd response.

I'll post vids for a couple of the DRM tunes that stood out for Alice and me.

Comment

Working...
                X