Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning Extremely religious thread part II.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning Extremely religious thread part II.

PROOF:

God has given proof to all of us by raising Jesus from the dead. -Acts 17:31

REVOLUTION:

"Christ the name of the founder, was put to death by Pontius Pilate, procurator of Judea: but the destructive superstition broke out not only in Judea, where the mischief originated, but the city of Rome as well." - Corneulius Tacitus , Roman governor of Asia Minor

The issue of the Christians seems important enough to your counsel, especially on account of the number of those involved; for there are many of every age, of every rank, and of both sexes. This superstition has spread like a contagious disease, not only into cities and townes, but into the country villages as well. Yet there is reasson to hope that it may be stopped. - Piny the Younger, Roman governor of Bithynia, Letter to Emperor Trajan.

Those who accepted the message were baptized, and about 3,000 were added to the number that day. -Luke Historian, Acts 2:41

Many who heard the message believed; so the number of men grew to about 5,000. -Luke, Historian, Acts4:4

EXECUTION:

"I have taken this course about those who have been brougtht before me as Christians. I asked them whether they were Christians or not? If they confessed that they were Christians, I asked them again, and a third time, intermixing threats with the questions. If they persevered in their confession, I ordered them executed." - Pliny the Younger, Roman governor of Bithynia, Letter to Emperor Trajan.

While members of the Sanhedrin were throwing stones at Stephen, he prayed. Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. he said. Then he fell on his knees. He cried out, "Lord! Don't hold this sin against them!" When he had said this he died. -Luke, Historian, Acts 7:59-60

TRANSFORMATION:

Even his own brothers did not believe in him. - John, Apostle

I saw none of the other Apostles-only James, the Lord's brother. -Paul, Apostle, Galations 1:19

"Albiniuis assembled the Sanhedrin of the judges, and brought before them James, the brother of Jesus Christ, and some of his companions. After he formed an accusation against them as lawbreakers he delivered them to be stoned." - Flavius Josephus, Historian, The Complete Works of Josephus.

Then Jesus appeared to James. -Paul, Apostle, 1 Corinthians 15:7
    Last edited by Gregg; 04-24-2011, 01:10 PM.
Working...
X