No announcement yet.

Anyone else NOT playing roto this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else NOT playing roto this year?

I've decided not to participate this year. I took a 2-3 year hiatus from 96-98, but I've played every year since 1989. While the net gives me all the info I need, I just felt I couldn't keep up as well living in China as if I were still in America. Plus, I would have had to miss the live draft which is about 75% of the enjoyment I get from fantasy baseball. So, is anyone sitting this year out? Maybe we can open our own forum.
    拖裤子,
    放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Yep, it's tough playing roto from thousands of miles away...

Have a cold one on the house.

Comment

Maybe you can find a competitive Mahjong league in the Big Red......or something

máfan nĭ jiǎng màn yīdiǎn

Comment

I cut back my leagues last year, almost in half. I may drop one more but I don't see me stopping entirely.
        “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

this season is going to be the 1st I've played since 2006

Comment

Originally posted by HellToupee View Post
            this season is going to be the 1st I've played since 2006
            Bonds isn't playing any more.
            “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
            -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
              Bonds isn't playing any more.
              Bobby retired?

Comment

Bobby retired?
                Wow, you have been out of it for a while!
                -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Bobby retired?
                  Well played!
                  -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

I've only played in one league for 27 - heading for 28 - years, except for an AL offshoot from 1992-94, and a BBHQ Masters League draft last year.

I had never played in a draft league before, so I gave it a try. Kind of fun, and I was near first place around midseason and didn't embarrass myself - in spite of knowing almost nothing about the AL (my first-ever mixed league as well).

But I'm back down to my one league again this year. That really helps to avoid burnout, I think.

I don't play any other fantasy sports, either.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                      Maybe you can find a competitive Mahjong league in the Big Red......or something

máfan nĭ jiǎng màn yīdiǎn
                      Not quite getting your Chinese quote......Trouble you speak a little slower?
                      拖裤子,
                      放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Working...
                      X