QuiBids -- anyone use this site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuiBids -- anyone use this site?

I just stumbled on this site QuiBids.com. It's a live auction on brand new products where, apparently, bargains can be had. The catch is that you have to pre-buy bids at 60 cents per, and the items automatically go up only a penny or two at a time (you can't escalate the bidding).

First of all, what a great business idea. The site makes $30-$60 every time a product goes up $1 (if you lose, you can use the total wasted bid money towards the same product, which they also sell at a set price).

At the same time, you can also potentially get brand new products like iPads, TVs, etc. for a fraction of their price.

Anyone use this site? I only read up on it, but it sounds interesting. I'd like to hear any experiences and if it's a ripoff or not.

Originally posted by revo View Post
    I just stumbled on this site QuiBids.com. It's a live auction on brand new products where, apparently, bargains can be had. The catch is that you have to pre-buy bids at 60 cents per, and the items automatically go up only a penny or two at a time (you can't escalate the bidding).

First of all, what a great business idea. The site makes $30-$60 every time a product goes up $1 (if you lose, you can use the total wasted bid money towards the same product, which they also sell at a set price).

At the same time, you can also potentially get brand new products like iPads, TVs, etc. for a fraction of their price.

Anyone use this site? I only read up on it, but it sounds interesting. I'd like to hear any experiences and if it's a ripoff or not.
    Hey buddy...here's what this site and the comments at the bottom have to say about the site....it looks sketchy...

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
      Hey buddy...here's what this site and the comments at the bottom have to say about the site....it looks sketchy...

http://reviewopedia.com/workathome/q...uibids-a-scam/
      Thanks bud. Many of the comments there are for those who just blindly signed up and then thought they were "unwittingly charged" the initial bid amounts. Still -- the company makes a boatload for every item it sells, thanks to the 60 cents per bid and upward move of just one penny. It's like a carnival game. You can pay a dollar and win the big stuffed animal, but it took 100 suckers to pay for that one guy to win -- and that stuffed animal cost just 50 cents.

Comment

Working...
      X