Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i found a walmart associate's wallet while shopping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i found a walmart associate's wallet while shopping.

no big deal, obviously I returned it. I did check first to make sure there was still money inside, and there was $20; just in case someone might've found it before me and taken the money and then dropped the wallet back on the ground. not that someone would do that, but a person does want to know if they are returning something whole.

when I first saw it I thought it looked like a sponge bob toy or something because it fell in a tent position. idk it's the first thing that popped in my head even tho i was in the clothing section. then i did some more shopping. after 30 mins i came back and was like, that looks like a wallet. and thinking i could probably use a better one. im actually adverse to wallets as one of the only presents my ex ever bought me was a wallet. which is a really bad present. it's like buying a girl a automatic leg shaver. i would like to buy a bad motherfucker wallet, like the one from pulp fiction. they make those. so i picked it up and realized it belonged to someone. so now i had to find the person, some young girl from NC. of course i didn't know it was an employees. it had lots of stuff in it but i didn't look except that the license. but there was a group of ppl working a few isles over and the supervisor had a southern accent. so im holding it open looking at the picture and telling the first girl i see, this looks like you. and she's like my wallet!

it felt pretty fucking good. i was like oh boy i get to return someone's wallet. i never really thought about it but it wouldn't have mattered how much money was inside. to have an opportunity to do a good deed, im not sure you can put a price on it.

i noticed after you do something good, you start looking at ppl different. it's catchy. even tho they didn't do anything different you notice the goodness more in other ppl around you. i think this is because you've just been reminded about what it looks like, and it makes it easier to see.

im in the beginning of a streak. first the baby mouse and now this.

I imagine the world is full of opportunities to good things for people... you just have to look for them.

It's like when i give money to the guy that says he just needs bus fare, and the people I'm with are like, He's just going to buy drugs. Okay, fine, but I want to be the guy who gives money for bus fare, not the guy who thinks everyone is going to buy drugs. A couple of bucks is worth that life distinction to me.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
    X