No announcement yet.

2015-2016 RJEL Hoops Discussion Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015-2016 RJEL Hoops Discussion Thread.

Let's try and keep the draft thread as clean as we can, so please post all commentary and trash talk here.

So far, Chris Paul SOTD....
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

re Paul: I considered him, but I had him about equivalent to Westbrook and Westbrook didn't break a finger today.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

The finger shouldn't be an issue, at least according to team doctors, but I wanted Westy myself. He's just so much fun to watch. I suspect that the return of Durant is going to affect him a bit, but not enough to make a difference in where he should be drafted.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I also considered Paul, but f it, if I'm a fan of any NBA team, it's the Cavs.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          I also considered Paul, but f it, if I'm a fan of any NBA team, it's the Cavs.
          Can't go wrong with LeBron...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Damnit...I hate you guys. I don't even like the NBA, but here I am desperately wanting my next pick to be now. AARRRRGGGHHHH!!!

Guess this is starting to be fun for me.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

In the first post in the draft thread, think it'd be possible to put in the keeper picks? Might cut down on confusion when someone is up.

Comment

So I considered Griffin, Aldridge and 1 other player when I made the Ibaka pick and decided to roll the dice with Ibaka and see if more play out on the wing leads to better offensive numbers while still retaining the defensive numbers that make him so valuable.

Comment

I'll put in the keeper tonight...it's been a long, cold, windy day here in Minnesota.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm also entering the picks into the Yahoo League as they are made. Here is the link:

Best in class Yahoo Mail, breaking local, national and global news, finance, sports, music, movies... You get more out of the web, you get more out of life.

Comment

Thanks again Amit...

All picks and keepers are now entered in the draft thread.

DJ needs to re-pick, that one's on me for not getting the keepers in fast enough.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I updated my pick to Paul Millsap. Quite a drop in excitement there though. Should have known it was too good to be true to have Leonard there. LOL
                        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Just gave a glance at the basketball monster projections and I got a laugh at the designation they gave one of my keepers - Julius Randle as Overrated. Yikes!
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Oladipo was my pick this round. Hell, he was nearly my pick last round.

Comment

man, not thrilled that I was picking between three guys at 2.06 and Amit got both of the other two.
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X