Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since I've joined RJ YEARS ago, I've shared most of my life here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I've joined RJ YEARS ago, I've shared most of my life here...

but this one hurts. Really, really hurts. My wife of almost 30 years (would have been on January 2, 2016) passed away yesterday from heart trauma.

She had a heart attack in the mid 1990's and we were told then she only had 5 years left. She showed them!

On 9/3/15 she had a "minor" heart attack and was rushed to the local hospital. The next day she was moved to a hospital in Tulsa, OK. While there she needed to undergo an MRI to see if she was a candidate for bypass surgery. They had to wait for the MRI until her kidney function was good enough. Once they tried the MRI, she could not get through it due to breathing issues. They waited and on Monday of this week they were able to complete the MRI. On Tuesday, the whole family (the wife, me, our 2 grown daughters) were supposed to talk to the surgeon about options. Instead I get a call at 6:15 a.m. that she was code blue. By the time we go to the hospital she was gone.

I don't know what to do. I cry at the drop of a hat and I assume that will continue for a long time.

I have some very good friends (in real life as well as here, so I'm good there). Everyone has been very supportive.

Steve

My goodness - I always love opening Steve or one of your alter-ego threads, because it will usually be entertaining, but I'm at a loss for words. I am so terribly sorry for your loss, my friend. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Comment

Steve -
      I am so sorry to hear of you loss. 30 years together with 15 - 20 bonus years (as she showed them) is something to celebrate because it doesnt happen very often anymore. Crying is a normal human reaction to grief, dont be ashamed of it. You and yours will be in my thoughts.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I am so so so sorry to hear that steve.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Oh no... I am so so sorry.

Comment

Steve, I'm very sorry for your loss.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

So very very sorry steve...

very sorry.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Omigod Steve, I am so, so very sorry for your loss. That is heartbreaking.

Comment

She was a wonderful woman. One day a few months ago she asked me if I had any regrets in life. I told her not really, because all of the choices I had made had led me to this point. I did say I wish I had been a more patient father when the kids were little and that I had been nicer to her mother when she was living with us.

(someday I'll tell all about the things we went through in the first 5 years or so of our marriage(none of it our fault - our families) that makes 30 so incredible)

She told me that she wished she had saved more money, but then again she had had a good time!

Comment

That's so tragic. My sympathy to you and your family over your loss. Please stay strong.

Comment

I'm so sorry Steve. My heart aches for your loss. Nothing wrong with tears. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
                      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Terrible news Steve, so sorry for your loss.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Damn dude ... that's awful news. Hang in there.

Comment

and thanks to whatever admin corrected my spelling in the thread title. I did notice it and wanted to change it, but of course I could not.

Comment

That is devastating - Sorry for your loss, and also your daughters loss and anyone else that will miss your wife

next week we will go back to writing wacky comments again

Comment

Working...
                              X