Brooks Robinson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooks Robinson!

I'd call him the 2nd best third baseman of all time. But now he's the best third baseman I've ever met!

FB_IMG_1442357495071.jpg
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

He was my dad's favorite player. He came to my HS for some event and I don't recall why but he was just hanging out in the student lounge area so I went up to him and we ended up talking for about 30 minutes. He was super nice and became one of my favorite players as well (among those I've never seen play live).
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I saw him play live!

and he has ALWAYS been known as one of the true gentlemen of the sport
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

He had some great stories, cracked me and the rest of the room up. Quite a night.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Yep, by all accounts a real friendly and classy guy. My favorite Oriole growing up. I took a picture with him when I was a kid when he did an appearance at a local sporting goods store.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Somehow I expected you to look like Shane MacGowan. You do not.
            It is strange to see people when you have an image in your mind. What the hell would a Feral Slasher look like ?
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              It is strange to see people when you have an image in your mind. What the hell would a Feral Slasher look like ?
              similar, but with a cheezy goatee..........
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Brooks was one of my dad's favorite players too. When my dad turned 40, we sent him to MLB Fantasy Camp. Hard to believe I'm sure, but my dad is a bit of a wiseass. My dad was playing 3rd, and when Brooks came to bat, my dad took 5 steps in on Brooks, who promptly roped a shot at my dad that fractured one of his fingers inside his glove. Brooks felt really bad my dad said, he made him a cushion so my dad could still bat, and gave him an autographed bat and some other stuff that my dad has had mounted
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                X