Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Unions Determine Where a Plant Should be Built?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Unions Determine Where a Plant Should be Built?

Have the inmates taken over the asylum? Granted, I've made my argument against crony capitalism utilizing government contacts as a bludgeon to suppress competition and expand profit margin, but this flies in the face of any free enterprise ideals we have left.

A complaint against Boeing (BA) filed by the National Labor Relations Board came under sharp attack Thursday by critics who charged that the aerospace giant is being unfairly targeted by pro-union elements of the Obama Administration.

“It’s just another union handout by the Obama Administration, and in this case at the expense of a right-to-work state,” said F. Vincent Vernuccio, labor policy counsel at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, a conservative research center.

The NLRB on Wednesday said Boeing had violated federal labor law when it decided to open a second assembly line for its 787 Dreamliner airplanes in a non-union plant in South Carolina rather than in a union factory near its headquarters outside Seattle.

Many times in my 35 years of dealing with manufacturing I have seen companies move to get rid of unions. Used to be 100 miles. I do not know any more.

Comment

I'd move across the planet to rid myself of unions.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

My brother-in-law helps run the 1st line out there. Does SC have the skillset to fill such jobs? It is a rather uneducated state.

I'm sure the fact that Boeing is a major donor to the GOP doesn't have anything to influence the CEI's stance on the issue

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          My brother-in-law helps run the 1st line out there. Does SC have the skillset to fill such jobs? It is a rather uneducated state.
          You are joking, yes? If not, you might want to check into the industries and engineering firms located in the Greenville-Spartanburg area. Plus, keep in mind, SC can draw heavily from the Charlotte area.

I've worked a lot in both states, though not at Boeing. I'd take workers from SC if I were starting a plant and offered workers from either state.

I'm sure the fact that Boeing is a major donor to the GOP doesn't have anything to influence the CEI's stance on the issue
          IMO, the GOP political angle would have far more to do with making Nikki Haley look good than making Boeing happy.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X