2K11--Derrek Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11--Derrek Lee

What am I missing? I see a 20-80-80 .280 season or something close? FantasyPros911 has him ranked ahead of Konerko, Butler and Kendry Morales in 1B AL rankings and he went in the 4th round of Mock 1. He may be healthier but at 35 and coming off back issues...I don't think he ever comes close to 2009 again. Will the new park help him to become much more than last year?

Not sure I want to pay more than $20+ for the shiny new toy in an AL Only league. Looks like a $15 player at this point. Could the one year contract be the extra motivator he needs to regain his form? The K rate is slowly creeping up there, so I'm not sure his BA bounces back much, if at all.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

USA Today has Morales ranked 11th, Konerko 12th, Butler 14th, and Lee 15th. All with a couple of bucks seperating them $20-$22.

If I had my choice of old guys I am going with Konerko.

Comment

Also depends on your league---I'm gonna avoid him in my AL only. If he's healthy and productive the O's will move him at some point. They seemed willing to give Scott a shot at 1B, not sure if Josh Bell can play 1B, but if his bat is ready he could also be in the mix. Overall however I would still place him below Konerko and Morales, close to Butler.
        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Last year folks were treating Konerko as if he was done.

Lee had obvious injuries that should be in the past when the season starts. He belongs in that group with Konerko and Butler,

If Lee is moved I see Reynolds moving to first for Josh Bell at third.

Comment

You can't sleep on D. Lee but people probably will. Wrigley Field is a boon for LHH HRs, but Camden Yards is another 5% better. At this point it's just a yearly consistency question with him. He's had big OPS swings in the last 4-5 years so it makes it hard to peg exactly how to value him.
            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Working...
            X