GOP Presidential Debate 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOP Presidential Debate 2015

This is just too strange. Fox is only taking the top ten. Out of the top eight, four seem to me to have absoluteley no chance to be elected. Among the bottom eight, at least four seem to me to have a chance to be elected.

If I'm anywhere near correct, the GOP is essentially tossing away two or three of its best chances to take back the White House, just to appease Fox and the GOP Chairman. (What's his name? Ranch Pringle?)

I can't wait to hear the hard hitting, incisive questions the Fox News panel asks.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

wait, this is a "Survivor" episode? I thought it was just 10 candidates more than a year out....
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

This was exactly my point in the Trumped thread. If that clown is not serious, he may be costing a "real" candidate a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          I can't wait to hear the hard hitting, incisive questions the Fox News panel asks.
          I'm sure all of them will be better than the CNN fat broad.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I'm sure all of them will be better than the CNN fat broad.
            Sanders is the Misogynist?
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

And Rick Santorum made that same point when someone suggested he would be out of the running if he didn't get into the debate. It's a pretty good point. Considering that Trump should flame out well before February, as well as The Huckster, Carson and probably Cruz, and also that Santorum will likely have done well in some primaries by then (given the fact that he is playing a ground game while the others are trying to game the Fox system), he and some of the others may have a little oxygen to breathe.

Observations/predictions: When Trump does finally drop out, it will not be his fault. It will be because the deck is stacked, or somebody conspired against him, or he has too much money to make elsewhere, or the job is too screwed up and beneath him...anything other than he didn't think he could win.

You notice now that every time Trump mentions another candidate, he mentions how poorly that candidate is doing in the polls and how well Trump is doing in the polls. This is an old lawyer trick, and I assume a trick in many other professions. Should Trump drop to, say, fourth in the polls, you'll hear him talk about how polls are unreliable, misleading, and how they had to start rigging them when they saw he was going to be #1 all the way. The less honorable device (which he uses ad nauseum) was the one he did on Graham, when he said Lindsey must not be popular in his own state based upon all the applause Trump was getting there. Logical fallacy, and pretty tacky in the other guy's home state.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                If I'm anywhere near correct, the GOP is essentially tossing away two or three of its best chances to take back the White House, just to appease Fox...
                Well, you gotta have your priorities straight.
                “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

and Kasich may not even make the list of 10 in the first debate in his own state where he has a 60% favorability rating. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    wait, this is a "Survivor" episode? I thought it was just 10 candidates more than a year out....
                    Perhaps they should have all the candidates involved, make it a 3 day debate, with candidates voting each other off every 8 hours.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Maybe they could do it like the old College Bowl. And the tossup goes to Cruz, Princeton!

Oh, sorry, Governor Walker.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                        This is just too strange. Fox is only taking the top ten. Out of the top eight, four seem to me to have absoluteley no chance to be elected. Among the bottom eight, at least four seem to me to have a chance to be elected.

If I'm anywhere near correct, the GOP is essentially tossing away two or three of its best chances to take back the White House, just to appease Fox and the GOP Chairman. (What's his name? Ranch Pringle?)
                        this happens every time there's a large field early in the campaign - they can't have everybody on the stage, they have to cut it off somewhere, and polling numbers are pretty much the only objective measure to pick the participants. they can't just arbitrarily pick the guys that some random dude on a baseball website thinks are the most qualified.
                        ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Working...
                        X