the top random moments in your life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the top random moments in your life

the day I stopped a runaway car. it wasn't going to hurt anyone and was only going 5mph. it might've hit a house and then stopped. but we were sitting at an intersection and a car started backing up from side street. it then hit the car in front of us, and we're like what the hell is that guy doing. then it proceeds to back up right by us and we look in and see no-one. then we look at each other with astonished looks and jump out of the truck after it on foot. I remember I felt stupid running after a car. but I caught up to it and the passenger door was unlocked and I jumped in just as it went between a fire hydrant and a telephone pole and I dived and put my hand on the brake. it was one of those late 80's talking cars and I swear it said thank you after I put it in park or the door closed.

after about 5 minutes the owner of the car showed up. he went in a store and it slipped out of park or something. the police showed up real quick, like 1 minute, and then they were going to arrest me for trying to steal it. so I walked away. walking back I looked around to see if anyone noticed what happened and there was a guy standing at the edge of a gas station who proceeded to give me the thumbs up. that was a good day for me.

This happened when i was in my twenties and had just started going to the clubs and bars with my friends.

One evening i'm getting ready for a night out and was in a bit of a rush as i had gotten home from work later than i expected. So, after showering i hurriedly grabbed the Brut anti-perspirant. It's the aerosol can version and has condensation on it from the bathroom steaming up during my shower. It slips from my hand and onto the floor. Upon hitting the floor, the plastic nozzle comes off the can. After picking up the can and the nozzle and trying to put them back together, i realize that the stem part of the plastic nozzle which goes inside the small opening in the top of the can has cracked in half. One of the broken halves is inside the can just beneath the surface of the can. The other broken half is still attached to the spray nozzle. This makes it impossible to snap it back together. I don't have a backup and there is no time to go shopping.

So, i try to line up the two broken stem halves of the plastic nozzle and then press them together to spray under one arm. Success! It worked! Now the other arm. Success........but......the broken stem half that is inside the aerosol can has jammed and the can won't stop spraying and there is no way to pull the broken plastic stem up to the off position. I try to remain calm, but the small bathroom with a closed door is quickly filling up with this huge cloud of Brut anti-perspirant. I hit the can off of the sink a few times trying to get it to stop spraying. No luck. Now i'm starting to choke and my eyes are starting to burn from this Brut teargas canister. As a last resort, i open the second floor bathroom window and hurl the can of Brut out the window as if it were a live grenade. I then stick my head out the window to get some much needed fresh air. From there i can see the aerosol can laying on the ground below and still spraying. Upon leaving, i told my mom not to go in that bathroom for awhile. She didn't ask why and just rolled her eyes at me and shook her head. For a moment i felt the need to explain but then i thought she would never believe it if i told her.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      This happened when i was in my twenties and had just started going to the clubs and bars with my friends.

One evening i'm getting ready for a night out and was in a bit of a rush as i had gotten home from work later than i expected. So, after showering i hurriedly grabbed the Brut anti-perspirant. It's the aerosol can version and has condensation on it from the bathroom steaming up during my shower. It slips from my hand and onto the floor. Upon hitting the floor, the plastic nozzle comes off the can. After picking up the can and the nozzle and trying to put them back together, i realize that the stem part of the plastic nozzle which goes inside the small opening in the top of the can has cracked in half. One of the broken halves is inside the can just beneath the surface of the can. The other broken half is still attached to the spray nozzle. This makes it impossible to snap it back together. I don't have a backup and there is no time to go shopping.

So, i try to line up the two broken stem halves of the plastic nozzle and then press them together to spray under one arm. Success! It worked! Now the other arm. Success........but......the broken stem half that is inside the aerosol can has jammed and the can won't stop spraying and there is no way to pull the broken plastic stem up to the off position. I try to remain calm, but the small bathroom with a closed door is quickly filling up with this huge cloud of Brut anti-perspirant. I hit the can off of the sink a few times trying to get it to stop spraying. No luck. Now i'm starting to choke and my eyes are starting to burn from this Brut teargas canister. As a last resort, i open the second floor bathroom window and hurl the can of Brut out the window as if it were a live grenade. I then stick my head out the window to get some much needed fresh air. From there i can see the aerosol can laying on the ground below and still spraying. Upon leaving, i told my mom not to go in that bathroom for awhile. She didn't ask why and just rolled her eyes at me and shook her head. For a moment i felt the need to explain but then i thought she would never believe it if i told her.
      Well that was an entertaining morning read.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
      X