NetFlix Users I Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetFlix Users I Need Help

I'm not a NetFlix user, and haven't really been interested in NetFlix...ever. But now one of my favorite shows, Longmire, is moving to NetFlix in the fall. So I need to figure out how to watch it, but want to keep my cost low. A few questions:

1) How much is NetFlix, a month? Do you get a free first month or a trial period?

2) Original series on NetFlix, can you watch episodes from earlier in the season whenever you want, or do they air and then missed opportunity after a few days?

3) Is it feasible to just wait until the season is almost over and purchase NetFlix for a month, watch the season, and then drop it?

4) If I know someone with NetFlix who thinks I'm awesome, can they share their password so I can watch my show from my place?

I think that's it for my questions, for now.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

1. Streaming-only is about $8 month. If you also want the DVD plan, that's more expensive. I believe there are ways to get your first month free, possibily including via being referred by an existing user.

2. You can see any episode at any time.

3. I presume it is but I'm not familiar with anyone trying this.

4. Yes.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

1)It is now $8.99 per month for 1 device. 2 devices streaming and more of course cost more. If you want DVDs that again is more. I do multiple devices so I pay around $15 per month.

2)Yes EPs stay on as far as I know for original series. I have yet to watch a Netflix original series though.

3)Yes.

4)If they have the 1 device plan you can still do it, but if they are on watching you will not be able to watch at the same time. It will be better to "share" with someone that has a multiple device plan.
      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I think there are different conditions for new subscribers. I have my Netflix on about 10 devices, because I gave my sisters family access (but only 2 IP addresses).

More than worth the subscription. Really terrific value for money IMO.

I'm more than happy to keep my subscription going, even during periods when I'm not watching much. They are investing heavily in original content, and I'm more than happy to pay for this.

I also have Amazon prime, which had less content, but more than pays for itself in other ways. Also has some excellent original content.

Comment

As far as original shows on Netflix, they release the entire season all at once and the previous seasons are still there. So once Longmire is released on Netflix you could signup watch the season and then cancel. I do think they give you a month free as a trial. I guess you could say you didn't like it. then repeat next year. I'm not sure if they have restrictions on how often you can do that. They must have some way of tracking that.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
            I have yet to watch a Netflix original series though.
            how have you not watched Daredevil?
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              how have you not watched Daredevil?
              how have you not watched House of Cards?

Comment

Actually, I checked the US website, and a few of the series they are touting as "Originals" are actually UK TV series they have exclusively bought (The Fall, Southcliff, Peaky Blinders, Happy Valley).

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                  1)

I have yet to watch a Netflix original series though.

Have you not watched House of Daredevil?

Comment

I thought it was "Dare of Cards."

I will say, orange is not the new black.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      how have you not watched House of Cards?
                      true enough... maybe I should have italicized "you" in my post because I know Piney is a big comic books guy. I completely understand how any random person may have chosen to or not to see anything.

I watched the first season of The Fall but haven't caught the second yet.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

true enough... maybe I should have italicized "you" in my post because I know Piney is a big comic books guy. I completely understand how any random person may have chosen to or not to see anything.

Haven't seen True Enough yet

I didn't manage to get around to S2 of The Fall either ...

Comment

The only real redeeming quality of Netflix streaming is their original programming -- "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was great -- but their other stuff is, like I posted on my Facebook page awhile back, like your local video store at 11:30pm on a Friday in 1993.

Comment

they have gotten a lot better over the past couple of years - I'm a subscriber - but this Onion article from last year summed it up well.

LOS GATOS, CA—In a swift and unexpected departure from their present business model, officials from Netflix revealed Wednesday that the company is currently considering adding a good movie to their online streaming service. “With the growing success of the streaming platform, we thought the time was right to think about possibly offering, just for the sake of variety, one film that wasn’t a total critical and commercial flop forgotten immediately after its initial theatrical release,” said Netflix chief content officer Ted Sandaros, adding that the company is exploring various options for licensing a single high-quality movie that people would in fact enjoy watching and wouldn’t turn off after the first 25 minutes. “We feel the addition of a popular, above-average, well-made film would provide a nice counterbalance to our existing library of poorly received sequels, totally unknown indie dramas from four or five years ago that you’ve never heard of, and horrendous direct-to-DVD horror features.” At press time, Netflix had reportedly abandoned the plan and added Something’s Gotta Give to its streaming library.
                            http://www.theonion.com/article/netf...od-movie-34958
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Comics Books guy. Hmm never thought of me like that. I have read The Walking Dead except the last two issues. Gotta love You Tube for that. Other than that I have tabbed in comics: Transformers, Justice League, Archie and Jughead, and a few Robotech. That is it. I never collected big. No Cosplay for me. I never considered myself a huge comics books guy. Now you guys should see this kid that sits next to me at work. He is 25 and is a huge Spiderman freak. Still reads the comics and even told us yesterday about a villian that could manipulate fabric. Ok that is even nerdish for me.

As for not watching House of Cards or Daredevil (my son watched this and loved it) I guess I just play to much Clash of Clans for the past year and a half. I also find something else to watch on the boob tube. Now I have restarted from where I left off on Breaking Bad and have started watching Falling Skies on Amazon Instant Video.
                              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                              X