The Complete Colonel Sanders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Complete Colonel Sanders...

Kentucky Colonel who doesn't not sport the Confederate flag, but looks spiffy in all white...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Steve is going to cry fowl over this thread.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I cry fowl over this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        A thread with "Col. Sanders" in the title was destined to have an abbreviated lifespan.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Otters don't cry. However, they'd happily eat fowl, I'm sure.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Why is Colonel pronounced "Kernel"? That's what I'd like to know.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              Why is Colonel pronounced "Kernel"? That's what I'd like to know.
              Corporal Lebeau, the Frenchman in the 60's TV show "Hogans Heroes" pronounced it co-lon-el. Just like it is spelled. Maybe he was right.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Corporal Lebeau, the Frenchman in the 60's TV show "Hogans Heroes" pronounced it co-lon-el. Just like it is spelled. Maybe he was right.
                I think that actor was actually a POW of the Germans during WW II. Very weird that he'd end up in a comedy show about those wacky Nazis.
                “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                  I think that actor was actually a POW of the Germans during WW II. Very weird that he'd end up in a comedy show about those wacky Nazis.
                  I decided to look up the actor who played Corporal Lebeau and discovered some really sad facts about his early life.

From IMDB:

"Born in France, Robert Clary (Birth Name Robert Max Widerman) early suffered the pangs of war, being interned in a Nazi concentration camp as a child."

" Has a tattoo on his left forearm, "A5714," from his time in a German concentration camp during WWII."

"Was the youngest of 14 children; most of whom died in the Nazi concentration camps."

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X