Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Presidental Poll Numbers

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/01/politi...ush/index.html

" [Jeb] Bush stands at 19%, up from 13% in May -- and his best showing in CNN/ORC polling since December. Donald Trump follows at 12%, up from 3% before his announcement. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (8%), neurosurgeon Ben Carson (7%) and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul (7%) round out the top five.

Notably absent from this top five -- though statistically speaking not far behind -- are Florida Sen. Marco Rubio (6%, down from 14% in May) and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (6%, down slightly from 10%). Both had been top five candidates in each of the last two CNN/ORC polls, and Walker had been in the top five since February."

Chris Christie is at 3%, but the poll was taken before he formally announced his candidacy. Trump at 12%? *shudder*

"Nationally, Hillary Clinton leads all other candidates by more than 40 points, with 57% of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents behind her, 16% backing Vice President Joe Biden, 14% Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, 2% Jim Webb and 1% or less for former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley and former Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee."

The article also compares candidates to each other. Clinton vs. Bush is polling at 54% to 41%, respectively. That's as good as it gets for the Republicans right now.

Any surprises here?
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

I feel like most Democrats would prefer anybody but Clinton. Her big money dealings, and massive financing of this campaign are both signals that she represents corporate interests first and foremost. Bernie Sanders is starting to get more buzz as a legitimate candidate after an extremely clumsy announcement. I think people care less about the President's composure than they do about their intentions. Elizabeth Warren would be a lock to win the Dem nomination if she ran, but I think she only jumps in if the water temp seems perfect... ie: if Hillary "implodes", as has been suggested here, or polling numbers for her are generally tepid. Sanders representing the climate action vote is showing pollers how important the environment is becoming as a podium issue. Environment alone is propping up Sanders for now. Nice to see people care that much.

As much as liberals want to see government forcing radical environmental change (Sanders), I think they'd prefer to see the lobbyist money in Washington minimized (Warren). But because she's raised $2 billion or whatever, that's tough to compete with, and seems like a Hillary lock.

Also, feels like the Clinton name is a lot less tainted than the Bush name. Not sure how Jeb wins in 2016, given his brother's disastrous run. Then again, I thought the same thing after Dubya's first term. The entire world smacked their foreheads after Bush was re-elected.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

There are about a dozen other reasons why to choose Bernie Sanders over field but that is a good one.

The fact that every Rep will try to kill ACA Healthcare the minute they get into office, leaving millions again without coverage, means for many it is literally life or death to choose Sanders. He wants to go much further with a Medicare type coverage, but in any case, he is strongly in favor of no dropping/denying coverage for pre existing conditions, coverage availability for every body.

The whole idea that fixing bridges, roads, tunnels, dams is a partisan issue strikes me as odd as well, as Sanders states his priority is to fix the crumbling, on way to mass failing infrastructure. I hope someone spends a few minutes looking up his positions, and listening to him talk about the issues, he has about 1000 youtube vids listed, many will leave you slack jawed. You will get right away this is not your run of the mill politician.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
        There are about a dozen other reasons why to choose Bernie Sanders over field but that is a good one.

The fact that every Rep will try to kill ACA Healthcare the minute they get into office, leaving millions again without coverage, means for many it is literally life or death to choose Sanders. He wants to go much further with a Medicare type coverage, but in any case, he is strongly in favor of no dropping/denying coverage for pre existing conditions, coverage availability for every body.

The whole idea that fixing bridges, roads, tunnels, dams is a partisan issue strikes me as odd as well, as Sanders states his priority is to fix the crumbling, on way to mass failing infrastructure. I hope someone spends a few minutes looking up his positions, and listening to him talk about the issues, he has about 1000 youtube vids listed, many will leave you slack jawed. You will get right away this is not your run of the mill politician.
        Don't forget that Hillary was the 1st of the major Pols to really try to bring about health care reform, this was back when she was still 1st lady. The Republicans scuttled that plan before it had a chance...so she's likely to try to expand Obamacare, but certainly won't let it be attacked too much at this point. Besides, the ACA is becoming ingrained in the American system at this point, from the Supco decisions to the man on the street, to the insurance companies embracing key provisions of the law, it's most likely not going anywhere for quite a while.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm voting Bernie in the primaries. I've been a fan for years & love his lunch with Bernie chats on the Thom Hartman program

Comment

as RJ Sports Bar, so goes the nation?

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...wa-poll-shows/

"Hillary Rodham Clinton might want to watch her back in Iowa.

Senator Bernie Sanders, of Vermont, who has emerged as her leading rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, is gaining ground in the Hawkeye State, according to a new poll from Quinnipiac University.

The survey of likely Democratic caucusgoers showed Mrs. Clinton leading Mr. Sanders by a margin of 52 percent to 33 percent. While that remains a commanding lead, it is much narrower than a May poll that showed her with 60 percent support and him with 15 percent......

It is the first time that Mrs. Clinton has fallen below 60 percent in Iowa this cycle, reflecting Mr. Sanders’ emergence as an increasingly credible threat to her candidacy."
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
            X