Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic overreactions

here's one I got a chuckle from ...

As VOX explains, a full six-and-a-half minutes of CNN's London Pride coverage on Saturday afternoon was dedicated to the flag in question, which appeared on-screen with the text "JUST IN: ISIS FLAG SPOTTED AT GAY PRIDE PARADE."

"I seem to be the only person to have spotted this and nobody seems to be raising any questions and pointing it out," said Pawle to anchor Suzanne Malveaux by phone during the segment, referring to photos she'd taken at the event.

"If you look at the flag closely, it's clearly not Arabic," she noted. "In fact it looks like it could be gobbledygook... but it's very distinctive, the ISIS flag."

As the reporter explained that neither police nor event organizers could give her more information about the "unnerving" flag, Twitter users weighed in live to tell her exactly what that "gobbledygook" on it was:

You can thank #CNN reporter @lucypawle the highlight of my week, wherein she confuses an ISIS flag for a dildo/buttplug flag. #brilliant
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

One guy tried to make a shoe bomb and now we all have to take off our shoes to board a plane, while how many certifibly insane people have killed dozens in gun massacres yet we dont have a national gun registry.
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      One guy tried to make a shoe bomb and now we all have to take off our shoes to board a plane, while how many certifibly insane people have killed dozens in gun massacres yet we dont have a national gun registry.
      A soon as we remove money from politics.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/28/8857415...gay-pride-flag

"The supposed ISIS flag was in fact a parody, bearing outlined images of dildos and butt plugs in place of Arabic script."
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          A soon as we remove money from politics.
          Think that will happen before or after we remove the stars from the sky?
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
          X