Game of Thrones - HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones - HBO

The first episode didn't bowl me over, but it was damn good. The look and scenery are absolutely perfect and the casting is spot-on.
    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Havent seen it yet and probably wont until sometime close to the beginning of season 2 but I'm encouraged that the main guy making the show says he hopes he wont pull a Lost at the end.

Looks interesting... But whats up with all the hbo/sho/starz/etc shows all set in some sort of ancient swords era? Seems like there's a lot of them on right now.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

As someone who hasn't read the books, it is hard to keep up with all the characters thrown at you in the first episode. I figure I'll have them sorted out in a few episodes though. Seems like the first episode is just setting the stage for the action to come, so I'll give it a pass for not being all that exciting. That said, the scenery/sets are gorgeous and the cast seems pretty good so far. It definitely has potential and I'm looking forward to the next episodes.

Comment

A downed tree on my street kept me from watching last night, On Demand after the kiddies go to bed. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Igor View Post
          On Demand after the kiddies go to bed.
          Yeah, it's definitely not PG!
          “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
            As someone who hasn't read the books, it is hard to keep up with all the characters thrown at you in the first episode.
            And it only gets more complicated. This might help you, and no spoilers that I saw:

A more comprehensive but infinitely more complex list is here:

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I enjoyed it. I read a review of the entire 10-episode season that implied the 1st episode was the worst, b/c it was so exposition-heavy. I could see where it would be hard to keep it straight if you haven't read the books. I narrated for my wife.

This is a great site to help make sense of it all, if you're so inclined:

I think the casting is great except for Catelyn. And there was only one scene that I thought departed from the the tone of the book. Curious to see where they go from there.

Comment

If the first episode is the worst, this will be an amazing series. Just finished it and I thought it was action-packed enough! I had no idea it was a series of books, either. Great start, looking forward to next episode.

Comment

Made in Belfast

... just like the Titanic and Delorean's

Comment

I had trouble wading through even one of the books. There is so much going on, but no sense of direction. My favorite line is about the girl with the dragon eggs. I am not sure they will even be doing that one in the series.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

BTW, if you haven't read the books -- use HBO's references. Wikipedia is full of spoilers and you really don't want to read those. The surprises are what makes it great.

Comment

After glowing reviews from critics and high viewing figures for the first epidode, it has already been renewed for the second season.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          After glowing reviews from critics and high viewing figures for the first epidode, it has already been renewed for the second season.
                          This has the earmarks of another Battlestar Galactica. hopefully they write a better ending in 4-5 years.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            "They" being George Martin, the author of the series?
                            Nah, he bails after three seasons do to creative differences. His contract allows the show to continue without him. Season 6 begins with the star of the show jumping a shark in Hawaii, only to wake up from a bad dream. The show goes down hill from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefe View Post
                              I think the casting is great except for Catelyn.
                              She was the only one that didn't seem to fit perfectly. But she has some great scenes coming up, so we'll see how she handles it.
                              -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                              X