Excel Help.... please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Help.... please

So Im having to do more Excel work than I have done in probably 8 years. Anyway, I have a spreadsheet that lists Account Number, Inv Symbol and Market Value.

I want to get a count of each accounts different holdings and a total for all of the holdings combined. Unfortunately, I don't have Access to dump this into and spit out what I am looking for so I am wondering how to do this in Excel.

Anyone want to provide me with some help to accomplish this task... I will ask the Bar Tender to get you a drink of your own (on Underhill's tab as always)

Thanks in advance.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

baldgriff - I'm assuming each Account Number has multiple Inv Symbols and Market Values. If I have this right, do a Data/Sort on Account Number, with a secondary on Inv Symbol. That will line up your account numbers in order and put the Inv Symbols in order with each account number.

I'd then insert a cell to subtotal each Account Numbers Market value. You can sum all the subtotals in a cell at the bottom, or anywhere else you'd like to in the spreadsheet.

Hope that's clear - if not, I'll try to create a mini-version and post it.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Either pivot table or count if formula should do the trick. If you're just looking for count totals, I think pivot is your answer.

Comment

Yep, pivot tables
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Thanks!

Next problem. I am trying to analyze this a bit. I have the table giving me a count of the number of funds in an account and the value.

So acct X has a market Value of $$$ with a total of Y Funds (then detail in rows below)....

I want an easy way to know how many accounts have more than 20 Funds, how many 15 - 19, how many 10 - 14. Is there a way to get this without manually counting this?
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
            Thanks!

Next problem. I am trying to analyze this a bit. I have the table giving me a count of the number of funds in an account and the value.

So acct X has a market Value of $$$ with a total of Y Funds (then detail in rows below)....

I want an easy way to know how many accounts have more than 20 Funds, how many 15 - 19, how many 10 - 14. Is there a way to get this without manually counting this?

For the range A1:A10, here is the count of values between 1 and 5:
            =COUNTIFS(A1:A10,">=1",A1:A10,"<=5")

Some notes:
            - make sure you have the double quotes around the comparisons (e.g. "<=5")
            - for a single comparion ( like a simple < 5), you use COUNTIF
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Thanks Controller!!!

My last question for now...... I have multiple account ranges and have been able to exclude one of the sets (D8), but I am having difficulty filtering out both D8 and N1. There are 5 other ranges that I want included, but those 2 I don't want. Im using a label filter to sort out D8, but I cant seem to filter both ranges out. Any ideas??

By the way Underhill is still buying!

Comment

Working...
              X