More propaganda and lies courtesty of the mainstream media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More propaganda and lies courtesty of the mainstream media

Let's see how much of an outcry this raises.

That there was ample reason to doubt Engel’s belief about the identity of his captors is proven by how many people publicly called it into doubt. That NBC’s broadcasts reflected none of this doubt, and instead allowed a one-sided tale that we now know to be false to go unquestioned by the entire network is bad enough. That these executives seemed to have had ample reason to doubt the story themselves makes it far worse than just merely “bad”: it is the type of systematic journalistic deceit and propaganda that we have seen over and over, almost always on the side and in service of the U.S. government’s agenda of endless war.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Let's see how much of an outcry this raises.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2...liams-scandal/
    Everyone seems to want the world to revolve around fear and mistrust rather than truth and acceptance. Well everyone who isn't us.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Interesting story.

I've learned in baseball that reporters and their editors make stuff up out of whole cloth and push narratives that are completely false in order to serve an agenda, and there is basically no consequence to them for doing this. I've come to assume the same thing must happen in reporting of politics and current events. But I don't know what can be done about it.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Interesting story.

I've learned in baseball that reporters and their editors make stuff up out of whole cloth and push narratives that are completely false in order to serve an agenda, and there is basically no consequence to them for doing this. I've come to assume the same thing must happen in reporting of politics and current events. But I don't know what can be done about it.
        Hold them accountable...huge difference between sports reporting and war propaganda.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Interesting story.

Not if it's on the internet. If it's on the internet it's true.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Hold them accountable...huge difference between sports reporting and war propaganda.
            Huge difference in consequences, no differences in methods and accountability, as far as I can tell.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
              Not if it's on the internet. If it's on the internet it's true.
              and this is on the Internet, so.......

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                With full bi-partisan support (note: FCC voted 4-0) and strongest opposition by that left-wing organization, the Eagle Forum. And I quote:

EAGLE FORUMS PHYLLIS SCHLAFLY ASSERTS THAT WITHOUT THE FAIRNESS DOCTRINE RADIO & TV STATIONS CAN EITHER BYPASS CONTROVERSIAL ISSUES COMPLETELY OR REPORT JUST ONE SIDE OF THEM.
                (From NBC News footage)

I just love it when you and Phyllis Schlafly agree.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                X