Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takin' Care of Business by BTO

may be the best song ever.

Played by every bar band in the world. I know I've played it 100 times.

Fun tune. Everyone gets into it. (I personally like "Let It Ride" better, though.)

Comment

I personally like "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet." And I could imagine, in the schlock music world that was 1974, how this song took the US by storm!

If taking The Guess Who into account, my fave is "No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature."

Amazing how great Randy Bachman was! He doesn't get his proper acclaim today.

Comment

I got to see BTO play all them live in Milwaukee 1974. It was a fun concert.

Comment

Their live song that blew me away was "Welcome Home". I was working in the oil patch that summer, and had a little money for concerts and such, so a friend and I rolled down to Shreveport in my '64 Nova. What a blast. Of course, being a couple of long-haired kids from Arkansas, we were stopped and searched from top to bottom.

Comment

When it comes to BTO it doesn't get better than "Hey You". That chugging chorus riff and those irresistible "sha na na na"s just can't be beat.

Comment

How about Ballroom Blitz by Sweet

I will take schlock power rock from the seventies for $400 please Alex

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                I personally like "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet." And I could imagine, in the schlock music world that was 1974, how this song took the US by storm!

If taking The Guess Who into account, my fave is "No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature."

Amazing how great Randy Bachman was! He doesn't get his proper acclaim today.
                And his son has had a couple of hits of his own.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  How about Ballroom Blitz by Sweet

I will take schlock power rock from the seventies for $400 please Alex
                  Desolation Boulevard is an awesome album.

I'll still say Takin' Care of Business may be the best song ever.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    This thread reminds me of when B-Fly proclaimed "Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira to be the greatest song of all time.

Weirdos.
                    No kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
                      No kidding.
                      I just agreed with Wonderboy and Eldiablo on something not baseball related.

My world is all cattywumpas today.

Comment

Everyone knows that the greatest song of all time is Tubthumping.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                          Played by every bar band in the world. I know I've played it 100 times.

Fun tune. Everyone gets into it. (I personally like "Let It Ride" better, though.)
                          agree and agree. Big fan of Let it Ride.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                            Everyone knows that the greatest song of all time is Tubthumping.
                            possibly my favorite AV Club cover...

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I was trying to figure out what I think is the greatest song ever, and I keep coming back to "When Doves Cry" by Prince
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                              X